Have you ever been so proud of your culinary concoction at Peirce Dining Hall and wanted to show it off around campus? Have you ever tried a new restaurant in Mt. Vernon and wanted to tell everyone how delicious it was? Have you ever wanted to write, photograph and talk about food on Kenyon campus? If you answered yes to any of these then you are in luck. Spoon University, a global food and health publication for college students, is coming to Kenyon College!

cake, chocolate, cupcake
Spoon University

This fall you can join a community of food-loving writers, photographers and marketers on campus. From creative recipes and food trends to local restaurant recommendations you have the freedom to write about what you care about. Spoon University provides resources for young foodies, new cooks and fans of food written by college students, for college students. Spoon University at Kenyon College will bridge that gap between the college foodie and the necessary tools to expand your culinary passions!

Catherine Gouchoe

Every Spoon chapter has created its own brand and is different from the next. If you’re a Kenyon student (especially one without access to a car) you understand the struggle of having limited food options around campus and in the neighboring town of Mt. Vernon. Most of the food consumed on campus comes from the dining hall or the on-campus Village Market, making Kenyon unlike other colleges. Spoon University can provide a platform for students to share their own ideas and recipes while considering the limited access to various ingredients on campus.

Kenyon’s location in rural Ohio offers a unique perspective on food because of its close proximity to various farming communities, but as students we are often disconnected from the source of our food. Spoon University at Kenyon can provide the voice we need to discuss the disconnect between food in rural Ohio and the consumer. There is nothing like Spoon University on campus and we are absolutely thrilled to bring this publication to campus!

Catherine Gouchoe

If you are interested in writing about food, Spoon is the place for you! Become a part of our team and write articles weekly for your fellow classmates and college students to read. Passionate about photography? Spoon University needs photographers to capture tasty creations, campus-wide events and everything in between. Calling all marketers! If you have a knack for social media and online marketing then Spoon University needs you! Join our team and manage all marketing campaigns and campus-wide events. To learn more about how you can contribute, click here.

gif
Veronica Kampfe

As you make your way to Gambier this fall get ready to join the Spoon team on campus! Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to be a part of a new team that is passionate about all things food related. You could be apart of a global team while making the Kenyon chapter stand out from the rest. If this article sparked your inner chef and you are interested in joining Spoon University at Kenyon, shoot me an email at gouchoec@kenyon.edu to chat! 

Keep your eyes open for more news about Spoon University at Kenyon College. In the meantime, get excited for Kenyon’s newest and most delicious addition to campus!