I know ice cream is hard to beat, but if you're looking for a different and perhaps "healthier" alternative, you should give frozen yogurt a try!

What is frozen yogurt exactly?

It's not really much more than what the name describes. Its a creamy dessert made out of three ingredients: milk, yogurt cultures, and sugar. In order to create a better taste, many producers also decide to add flavoring and stabilizers. For example, Pinkberry, apart from their original flavor, features blueberry, pomegranate, mango and more flavors options. 

Is it healthier than ice cream?

A side by side comparison based on calories does indicate that frozen yogurt is healthier than ice cream. For example, 94g of Pinkberry original frozen yogurt has 100 calories, while 107g of Ben and Jerry's vanilla ice cream has 250 calories. *We must note however, that calories may change if you add toppings or eat from a cone.*

Personalization

Another great benefit about frozen yogurt is that it you can personalize it to your taste. Not only are many frozen yogurts self-serve, which lets you decide which flavor and how much you want of each, but also you can add toppings to most. These can be anything from fruits, chocolate chips, to cheesecake bites and fudge. The possibilities are endless, and the smooth yogurt texture makes toppings the perfect compliment. 

Other Benefits

Full with probiotics, eating frozen yogurt can actually aid with digestion. Dessert that's also beneficial for your health? Yes, please! Likewise, by helping convert fiber to healthy fats, frozen yogurt can be another tool to maintain healthy blood vessels and heart.

So, I actually have to disagree with this GIPHY. Frozen yogurt is not ice cream for losers, it's actually a great alternative that will  satisfy both your sweet tooth and your conscious telling you to be healthy. That being said, we all know that ice cream once in a while is not a bad idea. 

Go ahead and enjoy some frozen yogurt! Some frozen yogurt stores include: Pinkberry, Yogurtland, Forty Carrots at Bloomingdales and Yogen Fruz. This list is not even close to exhaustive, so finding a frozen yogurt near you should not be a problem!