Being the health nut that I am, I'm always researching all of the new trends and findings within the field to try out. Recently I've discovered a spice trend; People are increasingly adding spices to their drinks and food due to their health benefits. Here are five especially stellar spices to incorporate into your diet more:

Cinnamon

Cinnamon contains a high amount of antioxidants, helps cure inflammation, and protects brain functionality. It doesn't hurt that it tastes delicious too, and can be found as a key component in apple pies, cinnamon rolls, and lattes. 

Turmeric

Although this spice may be an acquired taste due to its bitter flavor, it is a good one to like due its enchanting health properties. Turmeric is known for anti-inflammatory benefits and fat burning. 

Pepper

Good ol' pepper. Who knew that one of the two main spices which sit on the dinner tables of most Americans could be so healthy for you? Studies have shown that adding pepper to your food may help increase your metabolism.

Saffron

Found in both Indian and Spanish cuisine, Saffron adds a bright yellow color and subtle flavor to dishes including paella and new, trendy health drinks. A study has shown that saffron supplementation can improve symptoms of depression

Nutmeg 

Looking for an aphrodisiac? You've found the right spice. Nutmeg increases blood flow through stimulating the circulatory system, which can lead to more enjoyable sex. 

Who knew that just a dash of powder in your food or drink could improve your life in ways you always dreamed of? You're welcome.