Tajín, the beloved Mexican seasoning, is an all-natural blend of chili peppers, sea salt, and dehydrated lime. In a couple of shakes, it elevates any food from bland to zesty.

Luckily, Tajín exports its products (including sauces) to the United States, meaning we can all get in on this salty, spicy and citrusy seasoning. 

It is so addictive that there's literally a label warning children not to eat it like candy.

This stuff surprisingly goes well on everything, from vegetables to dessert.

Here are some unusual combinations that will convince you to add Tajín to your pantry.

Dessert

chocolate, ice, cream, ice cream, chocolate ice cream, waffle, wafer, gelato
Amelia Hitchens

Think of it like another traditional Mexican staple, mole. This hearty chili pepper and chocolate sauce is usually paired with chicken, but the same rule can apply to using Tajín.

Spicy + chocolate = heaven. 

Top off your vanilla ice cream with Tajín to make it less boring. Fruit-flavored ice creams, like coconut and mango, go well with the lime in it. 

Fruits & Vegetables

Tajín is probably most often sprinkled over slices of mango, but it can go on any summertime fruit.

Try adding spears of watermelon and pineapple to a cup, dose with some lime (or lemon) juice and top with Tajín.

Once the fruit is eaten, you're left with fruit juice that's tart and salty (tastes better than it sounds.) 

For a little extra color, use Tajín on a vegetable platter with cucumbers and carrots.

Alcohol

vegetable, Cocktails, bloody mary, holding a cocktail
Alexandra Redmond

Rim your bloody mary or margarita glass with Tajín and put the salt away forever.

Try this recipe for a michelada. It's kind of like bloody mary made with beer instead of vodka.

Snacks

popcorn, corn, cereal, kettle corn, sweet, butter, salt, rice
Sara Carte

Add melted butter and Tajín to homemade popcorn to munch on all day.

Make Tajín a part of your kitchen essentials and see how many crazy concoctions you can come up with.