Zucchini was one of those vegetables your mom used to cook for dinner and you would secretly feed to your dog. Lately, much like brussel sprouts, it has become the ‘cool vegetable’, a title it is deserving of. I have come to realize that zucchini is an invaluable staple, whether you’re trying to eat clean or simply adding more veg into your diet.

1. Zucchini Pasta

Zucchini

Photo courtesy of Just a Taste

I recently bought a spiralizer and the first thing I made was extra health ‘zuchetti‘ and it’s now a weekly occurrence in my apartment. It’s delicious with Alfredo, Shrimp, as a healthy alternative to pasta in a classic Chicken Parmagiana or Lasagna. Best part, it’s quick and easy because you don’t have to cook them.

2. It’s super healthy 

Zucchini

Photo courtesy of Cure Joy

The older I’ve gotten the more conscious I’ve become of what I’m putting in my body, which is mainly why I started eating zucchini regularly: I’d heard of it spoken in almost an folkloric way by the ‘health experts’ in my life. Not only is it good for your heart, it’s chocked full of Vitamins and low in calories, which normally isn’t a good indicator of health but it’s just an added benefit.

3. Zucchini cakes

Zucchini

Photo courtesy of Canadian Living

Keeping treats moist, zucchini just dethroned carrot as the best vegetable dessert out there. If you’re in the mood for cake you can have it lathered in chocolate, lightly spiced, filled with fruit or campfire inspired. If you’re looking for a Redpath friendly snack you can turn it into a loaf.

4. It’s versatile 

Zucchini

Photo by Kirby Barth

You can turn it into nachos or chips as a healthy alternative for those times you’re cravings are calling. In addition to being such an amazing pasta it also makes a killer sauce, a perfect addition to your zucchini noodles.

5. It’s Delicious

Zucchini

Photo by Christin Urso

Enough said.