Investigative journalist Sarah Koenig has created yet another craze with the debut of Season 2 of her instant hit and phenomenon Serial, a multiple-episode podcast exploring controversial nonfiction stories.

For those of you who live under a rock, this season of Serial details the alleged desertion of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, an American soldier held by the Taliban for five years, from his platoon in Afghanistan.

Photo courtesy of twitter.com

As Berghal describes the countless, torturous scenes he experienced as a prisoner of the Taliban to Mark Boal, the screenwriter that Koenig teamed up with to pull together this season’s content, it’s really easy to get caught up in his depressing story. You may think that there’s a simple solution to this: just stop listening. But the problem is that Koenig’s voice and reporting are mesmerizing.

Have no fear, the homophone for “serial” is here in the form of our very favorite breakfast food: cereal. With so many different shapes, tastes, and sizes, one can never be unhappy while enjoying this morning, afternoon, or evening meal.

Deciding which of the almost 5,000 different types of cereals to eat will be the only stressful part of your Serial meal, and once you have made your decision, you will be ready to crack the investigation even better than Koenig herself.

Serial will be your breakfast of champions and the snap, crackle, and pop of your day. And while there has been some uproar about the topic of this season of Serial, you can still sit back and relax as you listen and hope for better cereal-killer seasons to come.

If this article finds you not having listened to Serial, you’ll definitely want to block out a chunk of time to catch up. With each episode of the second season (don’t even get me started about the drama of Adnan and season one), you’ll need specific types of cereal to help you get through.

Life

serial

Photo courtesy of bonappetit.com

As you start to listen, you’ll want to grab a box of Life cereal. Yeah, it’s basic, but it’s LIFE. And just as Bowe is figuring out his life, you’ll be trying to figure it out, too. A bowl of this and you just might be able to digest the complexity of Serial.

Trix

Photo by Megan Hennessey

Your mind will start playing tricks on you with each and every bite as you consume the very first Serial episode. You’ll realize that Trix are NOT for kids in this case, as Koenig reveals the mystery behind the seemingly simple story of Bowe.

Lucky Charms

serial

Photo by Kirby Barth

Bowe will need more than just pure luck on his side through his almost five years of captivity. Help him out by munching on some tasty good luck charms that are both magically delicious and super unhealthy.

Next time you are listening to the latest Serial episode, grab a spoon and your favorite box of crispy, crunchy, or frosted cereal to make your listening experience GR-R-REAT! Diving into your bowl of Cap’n Crunch, Fruit Loops, or even Raisin Bran, you’ll feel relaxed and ready for some Serial.

Photo courtesy of reddit.com

In fact, according to a study conducted by scientists at the Harvard School of Public Health, cereal full of fiber (unfortunately not the sugary cereals, but that’s beside the point) can be conducive of a healthy and longer life. I don’t know about you, but I know what I will be doing with my longer, happier life (*turns on Serial*).