If I could eat only one food for the rest of my life, I would choose sweet potatoes. Not only are they loaded with vitamins and minerals, like Vitamins B, C and D, they can be eaten in so many different ways that you can never get bored of them. As a huge fan of sweet potato chips, when I found out about Sweet Potato Awesome, I was a little skeptical about what the texture would be like. However, within the first crunch, I was hooked. These freeze-dried sweet potatoes are made with all natural ingredients, and combine sweet and salty flavors perfectly to make an insanely irresistible snack.

What It Is

Think sweet potato chips but better. Sweet Potato Awesome takes organic sweet potatoes and bakes them with sea salt and coconut oil, adding a slightly buttery flavor. They then finish them in a freeze drier, which makes the sweet potatoes incredibly light and airy, and gives them their unique texture and crunch. The "Flat Out Awesome" are similar in size to a slice of sweet potato toast, so they're large enough to hold a variety of toppings.

How to Eat it

One of the best things about sweet potatoes is that they're extremely versatile. Top them with almond butter and a banana for breakfast, enjoy them with a runny egg or add then to your salad; there is no limit to what you can do with a sweet potato. The simplicity of Sweet Potato Awesome allows you to get really creative with how you eat it. Pair the dill flavored "Dilliciously Awesome" with your favorite cheese, or enjoy the "Original Awesome" dunked into melted chocolate. 

The brand has also released a new product called "Instantly Awesome," which is basically their plain freeze dried sweet potatoes in powdered form. Instantly Awesome is great in oatmeal or yogurt, baked into brownies, or added to a homemade sauce.  

Sophia Franchi

Where to Buy It

Aside from a few select stores on the West Coast, Sweet Potato Awesome is mostly being sold on their website. However, if you use the code "LATTES10" you can receive 10% off your entire order!