One major part of college life is learning how to navigate the world of food. At most colleges and universities there is an abundance of both healthy and unhealthy food options. Attempting to choose healthier alternatives may be challenging if one believes that the healthier foods won't taste as delicious. Lenny & Larry's The Complete Cookie is one of my favorite desserts and sometimes snack to grab around campus. These treats satisfy one's sweet tooth, but are filled with more protein and fiber than the average cookie. 

What is it?

The Complete Cookie comes in a variety of flavors including: Chocolate Chip, Snickerdoodle, Choco-O-Mint, Double Chocolate, Birthday Cake, and Lemon Poppy Seed to name a few. These cookies are approximately 400 calories each, but are packed with around 16 grams of protein and 10 grams of fiber which is half of the recommended daily amount.

My Favorite Flavor

My favorite flavor is the classic chocolate chip. The cookie is significantly thicker than a regular chocolate chip cookie and has a rough texture that is noticeable when one takes a bite. Although the cookie does not taste exactly like the average chocolate chip cookie, the flavor strongly resembles it. I like that the cookie contains a hearty amount of chocolate chips which I am able to taste in every bite. One of my favorite parts about eating this cookie is that I know that with each bite, I am nourishing my body and that it is a healthier alternative to other desserts. 

Where You Can Find Them

At Hofstra, these protein cookies can often be found in several locations. I've noticed that they are present in many of the vending machines located in the student center specifically by the main dining hall and the one by the entrance of the library (machines do not accept the meal card). In addition, they have also been occasionally sold in the main dining hall (meal points accepted). In addition to Hofstra, these cookies are sold in many grocery stores as well as on Amazon and on Lenny & Larry's official website.  

Final Thoughts

The Complete Cookie is a delicious and healthy alternative to other desserts and snack options. Although not everyone may appreciate their unique flavor and consistency, they are worth trying especially if you are trying to build muscle or are just looking to be a bit healthier. If you try thee cookies and enjoy them, Lenny & Larry's also makes other protein filled treats such as brownies and muffins that you ought to try.