If you ask any of my friends or family, it goes without saying that I am an absolute pro when it comes to binge-watching TV. My favorite channel? The Food Network FOR SURE.

To be honest, I’m a little fuzzy on the series of events that led me to become addicted to The Pioneer Woman. After consulting my mom, our general consensus is that we decided to spice up our lives and turn off our forty-third viewing of Pitch Perfect, and turn on the always exciting Food Network.

However, instead of seeing our girl Ina arrange a platter of good cheese and crackers, we saw a bubbly new face. With that, Ree Drummond had entered our lives.

The Pioneer Woman

Photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com

I immediately became enchanted with Ree’s inviting and intriguing life. I became invested in the daily endeavors of her rancher husband Lad, or grandmother Edna Mae. All of a sudden, I found myself cancelling Saturday morning brunch plans so that I could be home to watch the latest episodes.

If you know me, cancelling brunch is a big deal. So, my friends finally asked me: what’s the scoop with this lady? Why has a home-chef from Oklahoma stolen all of your attention?

Well, perhaps it was my clumsy nature that responded to her “accidental” side, or my excitement of seeing a lifestyle that was so completely the opposite of my New York City upbringing that attracted me so much to the vast and new life of a rancher’s wife.

The Pioneer Woman

Photo courtesy of thepioneerwoman.com

However, I think that one of the main reasons I fell so in love with “The Pioneer Woman” was because of her quiet yet immense success. Ree Drummond picked up her life from the city of Los Angeles, and moved far away from home to a minuscule town in Oklahoma.

Once in Oklahoma, she adapted seemingly effortlessly to a brand new style of living. She demonstrates her perseverance and ability to take charge of situations, all with a smile on her face. She embodies the carefree yet capable woman that I wish to become.

“The Pioneer Woman” has created an empire – she is a mother, an entrepreneur, a wife, and a country girl. Her recipes are fun and easy. From triple chocolate chip cookies to breakfast patty melts, she will never disappoint on bold flavor or ease.

The Pioneer Woman

Photo by Alison Levitt

If you are not watching The Pioneer Woman, I strongly urge you to sit back, snack on that homemade peppermint fudge, and see what’s happening on the ranch today.