The day after members of the Boston College men’s basketball team contracted Escherichia coli from Chipotle meals, a good friend of mine ate there.

chipotle

Considering that my friend and I are located in Boston – the same city in which Chipotle served BC ballers their E.coli-infested burrito bowls – I find it SCARY that she willingly scarfed down a taco AND a salad.

WHY IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GUYS STILL EATING FOOD FROM CHIPOTLE?

I’ll talk about the illnesses which Chipotle’s food has occasioned all over the country, but I want to precede that with a quick message to all the fanatics out there: CHIPOTLE ISN’T THAT GOOD.

chipotle

Gif courtesy of giphy,com

And when I say it’s not “that good” I mean that if it’s between throwing up all night and through the next day and having an extremely average burrito bowl, I’m gonna skip Chipotle.

I’m not overanxious about my food, either. I never wash my fruit. I’ve eaten moldy bread and drank skunked beer. I even order my burgers and steak rare. But the fact that there has been

and Chipotle is still a popular chain makes me think people are seriously addicted.

I know I might sound hypocritical, but I risk my health differently. I do it with food in general: with unwashed grapes that I could buy from any market, with medium-rare hamburgers (and I’m requesting undercooked meat). I’m choosing not to wash my grapes. There’s no serious allegiance to any restaurant or brand. Food is food. And Chipotle is Chipotle… I’m risking my health with ESSENTIALS. You, with mediocre taco meat.

And I know the chance I’m taking when I order a burger rare or when I eat grapes that are most likely covered with pesticide residue. I’m ready for anything I might barf up. But for people to go to Chipotle knowing there has been such an upsurge in food-bourne illness and then for them to get surprised and angry once they come down with something…

I don’t know what else to say. I just don’t get the Chipotle obsession.

chipotle