Amazon announced on June 25th on Twitter that they will be extending their Whole Foods Prime members savings program to all their locations nationwide starting Wednesday, June 27th.

How to Save

The Prime member savings program is a way for Amazon Prime members to receive discounts on marked items in Whole Foods stores that non-members will not have access to. The items receiving a discount will change weekly. Additionally, Prime members will get another 10% off of sale items marked with a yellow sticker. 

To receive the discount, shoppers need to download the Whole Foods app and sign in using with their Amazon account information. When checking out, show the cashier the in-app Prime code. Alternatively, you can give the phone number connected to your Amazon account.

Whole Foods Market, inside whole foods market, organic section, organic whole foods, Vegetables, Grocery Store, groceries
Shelby Cohron

Additional Perks

The discounts don't end in Whole Foods. Prime members will also receive free 2-hour shipping on groceries through Prime Now from their local Whole Foods. This feature is currently available in 19 cities, including Boston, Chicago, Houston, and Minneapolis. 

Whole Foods and Amazon first introduced Prime savings in May, making it available only at locations in Florida. The program eventually was extended to 23 states in the U.S., mostly in the southern and western regions of the country. This discount program was implemented after Amazon bought Whole Foods in June of 2017 for 13.7 billion dollars.