Grab and go coffee is an American staple. Take away cups come with us everywhere. A budget-friendly option to getting your caffeine fix can be found by taking advantage of the McCafe menu at McDonald's. However, all of these drinks can really add up if you aren't mindful of what you're drinking. Some of their drinks ring in with a whopping 55 grams of sugar and 400+ calories. If you're looking to order a somewhat healthier item off the McCafe menu that doesn't give you a massive sugar spike and pack in too many calories, these options may be worth a try. Here's which McCafe drinks to order if you're trying to be healthy.

#SpoonTip: All nutrition information was found in the McDonald's nutrition guide. 

1. Black Coffee

As low-calorie, and low-sugar as it gets, black coffee is your best option when it comes to ordering a healthier item on the McCafe menu. Just make sure you're watching the amount of sugar and cream you add in yourself. 

#SpoonTip: Check out these 13 strangely delicious things people add to their morning coffee

2. Cappuccino 

A small non-fat cappuccino from McCafe contains 9 grams of sugar and has 60 calories. If you're into milky espresso beverages, these are fairly good macros. The whole milk option of a cappuccino will bump your calories up to 120, which is still reasonable for a morning drink. Overall, a cappuccino is a pretty good choice when ordering from McCafe. 

3. Non-fat Latte

A latte made with nonfat milk is another good option that keeps sugar and caloric content relatively low. A small iced nonfat latte contains 7 grams of sugar and 50 calories. If you like it hot, the small will have 13 grams of sugar and 90 calories.

4. Sugar-Free Vanilla Latte 

McCafe does offer sugar-free vanilla syrup, which helps keep sugar and calorie content low. "Sugar-free" does mean that it will be based on a sugar substitute, so it's up to you if those are part of your diet. A small iced non-fat latte with sugar-free vanilla syrup contains 5 grams of sugar and 40 calories. The hot version has 80 calories and 11 grams of sugar. Overall, not bad to fit into your daily macros.

5. Iced Non-fat Caramel Mocha

If you prefer syrupy sweet drinks, a small iced caramel mocha with nonfat milk is going to be your best bet on the McCafe menu. With 26 grams of sugar and 200 calories, it's by no means an ideal choice, but it has the lowest sugar content of all the sugar syrup drinks. If you opt for whole milk instead of nonfat, your calorie content will bump up to 240.

If you're trying to order something a little healthier from McCafe, try to stay away from sugar syrups and choose non-fat milk. However, there is no shame in ordering the sugary, creamy, dessert-like drink of your dreams. That's what McDonald's is there for, anyway. Happy caffeinating!