Do people think you’re boring? Are you basic AF? Do you aspire to be that cool, unique, edgy kid? You’ve come to the right place.

Bagel

Gif courtesy of theguyliner.com

This article is your guide to the most interesting and delicious bagels in NYC. Toss your plain bagel with too much cream cheese and your uninspired deli BEC, and check out these instead.

For the classy b*tch:

Sliced Apples, Ricotta, and Honey on a Multigrain Bagel from Black Seed

BLACKSEEDGS

Photo courtesy of blackseedbagels.com

The crunchy apples, sweet honey, and creamy ricotta are the perfect toppings if you’re in the mood for something fancier than just cream cheese. And for all you living in the East Village who thought SoHo was too far to trek to, Black Seed just opened a new location this month at 176 First Avenue. Classy bagels for all.

For the breakfast-hater:

Chicken Cutlet Parmesan on a Sesame Bagel from Bagel Bob’s

CHICKENPARMGS

Photo by Gaby Scelzo

Surprisingly cheap and also surprisingly delicious, this cheesy chicken parm bagel from Bob’s Bagels on University is the perfect way to eat chicken parm on the go, or to cure your hangover from the night before. No matter what your reasoning is for getting one, you can have it all for just 5 dollars if you flash an NYU student ID. 

For the not-so-adventurous:

Scottish Smoked Salmon, Tomato, and Chive Cream Cheese on an Everything 2.0 Bagel from Sadelle’s

SadellesGS

Photo by Gaby Scelzo

If you’re boring and you don’t like things that don’t usually go on bagels on your bagels, but you still wanna be kind of interesting, Sadelle’s is your place. Their everything 2.0 bagel has fennel and caraway seeds in addition to all the other stuff that comes on a regular everything bagel. Top it with some chive cream cheese and some of their ridiculously delicious smoked salmon, and you’re good to go. 

For the serious sweet tooth:

French Toast Bagel with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cream Cheese from Tompkin’s Square Bagels

Photo by Gabrielle Scelzo

Photo by Gaby Scelzo

If your eyes burn from seeing too many Instagram posts of French toast bagels with birthday cake cream cheese, I feel you. Change it up and top your French toast bagel with this cookie dough cream cheese instead. It’s super chocolate-y and has little chunks of cookie dough in it. Maybe not the best breakfast bagel, but definitely the best dessert bagel. 

For the pizza addict:

The Mystic Pizza Bagel from Baz Bagel

GS PIZZA BAG

Photo by Gaby Scelzo

If you’re in the mood for a slice of pizza and a bagel, Baz is your place. The restaurant has some bar seating and a few tables, but you can also take a bagel to go. More importantly, they have a ton of different varieties of bagels that you can get your pizza bagel made on. They’ll top your choice with tomato sauce and cheese, and toast it until it’s crispy, melty and delicious. It’s out of this world. 

For the BEC-lover:

Bacon Egg and Cheese Bagel from The Bagel Store

Photo courtesy of thebagelstoreonline.com/

This bagel has bacon, eggs, and cheese baked into AND on top of it. Get it sliced in half and make a BEC with it, and you have yourself the ULTIMATE breakfast bagel.

For the alternative one:

Honey Bacon Sriracha Cream Cheese from Brooklyn Bagel & Coffee Co.

Photo by Gaby Scelzo

This sweet, spicy, smoky cream cheese is perfect for satisfying any craving. It will probably be the strangest, but most flavorful cream cheese you’ll ever eat. Get it on a plain bagel to let all the flavors shine.