Being situated in Hyde Park, the University of Chicago campus is close to several local restaurants that students can choose from. Each restaurant has its own atmosphere and can be a great place for different friends who come to visit.

The Friend Who's Only Visiting For a Short Time

A go-to restaurant that several UChicago students visit, the Medici on 57th (or the Med) is a prime place for a quick meal. Your friend can immediately understand the vibe of a typical UChicago meal in Hyde Park and enjoy classic American eats. Also, the Med has both a bakery and a restaurant, so if there's not enough time, a pastry or simple sandwich from the bakery can be an option.

The Insta Friend

Located near Lake Michigan, The Promontory is a beautiful place with a modern yet earthy theme. They have menus for brunch, lunch and dinner at reasonable prices, and their American dishes are cooked in wood-fired ovens. If you're interested in their drinks, they have a drink menu featuring several cocktails. Whether it be for a classic brunch or chic dinner, The Promontory has Instagram-worthy food, decor and ambiance.

The Indecisive Friend

The Sit Down Cafe & Sushi Bar serves a wide range of both Asian (specifically Japanese) and Western food. If the friend doesn't know what kind of food they want to eat, this restaurant gives them the flexibility to choose a variety of food. The sushi and sandwiches are equally delicious!

The Asian-Food-Enthusiast Friend

There are several Asian restaurants that populate Hyde Park, but Snail Thai Cuisine is a must for anyone who wants to eat some quality Asian food. Not only do they have delicious Thai classics, they also provide bubble tea, which is a major plus for anyone who is too lazy to go to Chinatown. The quiet atmosphere is also great for your friend who wants to have a relaxing meal while being accompanied by several spicy and tasty Thai dishes.

The Coffee-Loving Friend

Einstein Bros. Bagels is a match made in heaven for anyone who loves bagels and coffee. With their large varieties of drinks and snacks that can substitute meals, it's a shop in which you can spend hours studying or having a coffee date. Even though it's not a local Chicago store, it's located right at the heart of campus by the Regenstein Library, and everyone loves to go there on Wednesdays for their $1 milkshakes. To enjoy a lazy day chatting and eating snacks with your coffee-loving friend, go to Einstein Bros. Bagels.

With these options, your friend will definitely find a local restaurant to enjoy.