Ever wondered where celebrities and influencers frequented when they were in college? And most importantly – what their favorite restaurants were? TikTok has become one of the leading spots to research where to eat around you, or at least bookmark for later. But it'd be better to hear from those content creators themselves about their go-to spots while they were in college. Because really, what better way to get recommendations for those quick bites than from creators themselves?

Here's a list of restaurants and establishments all recommended by TikTok creators.

Sarah Crawford

Photo courtesy of Sarah Crawford

College: University of Michigan 

Restaurant: Mani Osteria, Ann Arbor, MI

One of the many it-girls of baking, Sarah Crawford makes quick and easy recipes for the baking enthusiast and the newbie.  

While studying at the University of Michigan, her favorite spot to eat was Mani Osteria. "Maybe I'm biased because I worked there for years, but it's the best Italian food in Ann Arbor and the vibe is so cozy," she said. "My order was always the pickled tomatoes, the red onion & pistachio pizza, and a negroni (or two) on the side.”

Eloise Dufka

Photo courtesy of Eloise Dufka

College: Tulane University 

Restaurant: Tartine, New Orleans, LA

Eloise Dufka's aesthetic videos and iconic lip combos have had us hooked since day one, but prior to being a beauty influencer, she was as a student at Tulane University. Tartine, the iconic bakery best known for its bread, was one of her favorite spots in NOLA.

"Tartine has the most amazing breakfast sandwiches, especially after a long night out," she said. But it definitely wasn't her only go-to, as she shared a long list of places she frequented in NOLA. "Tito's Ceviche will always be one of my favorite restaurants of all time. Jazmine [Café]'s tuna avocado spring rolls were a staple in my house. Luca Eats' turkey club was my go-to as well, and Saffron [nola] is some of the best Indian food. And if your parents are in town and you want an expensive dinner, then Maypop is always the way to go." 

Brandon Edelman

Photo by Brandon Edelman

College: Thomas Jefferson University | East Falls Campus

Restaurant: The Couch Tomato Cafe, Philadelphia, PA

Before Brandon Edelman was making comedy videos on TikTok, he was a student at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia. His go-to place to eat was The Couch Tomato Cafe in the Manayunk neighborhood. "The grilled cheese and tomato soup combination is the perfect comfort meal for any college student,” he said.

Hunter Fieri

Photo courtesy of Hunter Fieri

College: University of Nevada, Las Vegas

Restaurant: Roberto's Tacos, Las Vegas, NV 

The ultimate foodie, Hunter Fieri is not only the son of our favorite foodie roadtripper, Guy Fieri, but he is also a chef in his own right and has even hosted his own documentary on plants.

“Roberto's Tacos is a staple at UNLV. I loved to go there because it's simple, quick, delicious Mexican food," he said. "Their carne asada burrito with pickled carrots and rojo salsa has tons of flavor, but it's not too heavy. It’s the perfect bite on the go.”

Eli Rallo

Photo by Marisa Silva

College: University of Michigan 

Restaurant: Spencer, Ann Arbor, MI

Eli Rallo's vlogger-type content feels like you're on FaceTime with a bestie, but before she was giving out the best life advice on social media, she was studying at the University of Michigan. Her favorite restaurant to fuel up at was Spencer in Ann Arbor.

"I️ love that it's owned by a husband and wife duo (Abby and Steve)," she said. "I also love their commitment to fresh, local ingredients and a beautiful, intentional wine list. Each dining experience I've had there felt like a warm hug and I cannot recommend trying it out enough."

Yasmine Sahid

Photo courtesy of Yasmine Sahid   

College: Loyola Marymount University

Restaurant: Urban Plates, Los Angeles, CA

You now know Yasmine Sahid, aka "the main protagonist" on TikTok, for recreating Tumblr-era fashion trends or iconic Twilight scenes, but when she was a "broke college student" at Loyola Marymount University in LA, Urban Plates was her favorite spot.

"Urban Plates was the equivalent of Nobu to me," she said. "[The] first time I went there was sophomore year before the first semester finals hit, and my friend and I treated ourselves to a hot meal that didn't require Lion Bucks. I remember getting a plate of grilled cage-free chicken paired with buttery mashed potatoes and a side of either broccolini or Brussels sprouts, and I had to pair it with the mac and cheese."

Jake Shane

Photo by Joseph Morrison

College: University of Southern California 

Restaurant: Cava, Los Angeles, CA

Before Jake Shane went viral for his improv-style reenactment videos, he spent his college days at the University of Southern California ordering endless Cava. “Cava was my go-to for before and after class. Nothing ever hit like a Cava bowl with extra basmati rice,” he said.

Click here for more from the Spoon Choice Awards.