Spoon University Logo
Lifestyle

What Your Favorite Wine Says About You

From a strong red to a more muted white, your wine choice can say a lot about who you are.  I’m what you call a “wine girly.” If I had a choice between a Bud Light drinking party or a wine get-together with the girls, I’d choose the latter. I’ve created a comprehensive list of what your favorite wine says about you. Bear in mind that these are my opinions and not facts, but who knows, my opinions may just be on point. 

Rosé

I can guarantee that your favorite color is pink. You like to embrace your feminine side. You are sweet and sassy, just like your wine of choice. You’re also a master at flirting, even if you don’t do it very often. Your personality oozes with charm, making everyone want to be around you. 

Riesling

You are a very genuine person. People tend to open up to you within seconds of talking to you because they know that you genuinely care. Not only a great listener, but you also give very good advice to those who ask for it. You have a sweet personality along with a massive sweet tooth. 

Pinot Noir

You’re a night owl. A party that lasts until 3 a.m. doesn’t scare you one bit. That being said, the nighttime parties you fill your weekends with are elegant dinner parties filled with classy charcuterie boards and candle-lit dining rooms. Your experiences make you an interesting person to be around.

Pinot Grigio

You are an extremely social person, an extrovert to the extreme. You have a certain charm that attracts people to you, making you the life of the party. You also have a type of easy-going personality that doesn’t sweat the small stuff but also knows how to make smart decisions. 

Sauvignon Blanc

You are a deeply intellectual person. You love having intense conversations about important topics with other intellectuals and aren’t afraid of having a friendly debate in the name of higher pursuits. You have very deep thoughts that complement the deep flavors in your wine.  

Cabernet Sauvignon

You’re a moody sort. You have a dark side that makes you mysterious and makes people want to hear about your story. You’re the Scorpio of wines. That being said, you appreciate the fundamentals in life. You aren’t a very picky person, you are easily satisfied with everything that comes your way. 

Merlot

You’re a connoisseur in taste in more things than just your wine. You have a deep knowledge of niche topics and get very excited about sharing facts you find interesting with like-minded people. You also don’t jump on the bandwagon of what everyone else is thinking or doing.

Champagne 

You have an excellent sense of fashion. You like to throw extravagant parties and make sure that the people you entertain feel important — a Jay Gatsby, but without the tragic ending. You embody class and sophistication at all times. You choose to have the finer things in life and always choose quality over quantity. 

Chardonnay 

You have an extravagant personality and you’re not afraid to show it. Every day is a special occasion for you. You’re confident in every choice that you make and are ready to defend yourself when prompted. This makes your opinions very reliable to depend on because you definitely know what you’re talking about. You’ve also probably been told throughout your life that you’re an old soul.

Sparkling Wine

Hundreds of wines fall under this category, but the bubbly nature of this wine implies celebration. You love to celebrate the little things in life. and choose to not take life so seriously. You’re truly a kid at heart and prefer to safeguard that side of you.

Julia Braatz is a national writer for Spoon University. She writes about all food-related topics like up-and-coming food news as well as trending social media topics surrounding food.Julia is also a student at Fairfield University, with a double major in Creative Writing and Studio Art, along with a minor in Editing and Publishing. She is currently an editor for Trill Magazine, as well as having been an editor for her school's literary journal Dogwood: A Journal of Poetry and Prose. Julia is also a member of Sigma Tau Delta, an international honors society for English students. She is a self-diagnosed picky eater but loves to find all kinds of different recipes. She loves all things food-related, such as binge-watching episodes of Chopped and Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. She's also a huge lover of all chocolate desserts and baked goods, which heavily supports her hobby as a baker.Check her out via Julia's Linkdhin: www.linkedin.com/in/juliabraatz, her Instagram: @jbraatz2003, her Twitter: @julia92038, or on her Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100093064717780