The Whitman’s Sampler might ring a bell. No? What about Forest Gump’s famous line, “life is like a box of…” Yep — you know what we’re talking about — the assorted box of chocolates: nestled inside each little compartment is a handcrafted flavor experience, humbly waiting to immerse you and your taste buds into chocolate nirvana.

Beneath every chocolate’s shell is a chance at fate. Are you the type that gravitates towards nutty clusters, or do you stick to the ones you know you already like? Here’s a guide to explain what your chocolate choice says about you.

The Iconic Peanut Butter Cup

Boxed Assortment

Photo by Ellen Gibbs

You know what this is. No, you’re not playing any games, not today. You want that sweet and salty experience. You’re a go-getter, and when you see something you like, you’ll stop at nothing to get it.

Some people think you’re stuck in your ways, but you’re just being strategic — why mess with a good thing? Now get out there and make your dreams happen.

The Rolled-In-Coconut Truffle

Boxed Assortment

Photo by Ellen Gibbs

Whoa, there — do you know what this is? No? Okay. Just making sure. You’re bold. I like that about you. You’re a daredevil, in and out of the kitchen. If someone asked you to go skydiving tomorrow, you’d probably say yes.

This life is about taking chances. You know what you like, but you aren’t afraid of change. You thrive off of the energy of others, and radiate positive vibes wherever the road takes you.

The Silky Smooth Milk Chocolate

Boxed Assortment

Photo by Ellen Gibbs

Simple. Classic. You’re dependable for all things from carpooling to getting your taxes in on time. You like clean sheets, and always leave a fair tip at restaurants. You recycle yogurt cups into lunch containers, and you’re all about leftovers for lunch.

In your spare time, you like to read or do crosswords, but occasionally you’ll call up your neighbor down the street and invite them over for some lemonade.

The Dark Chocolate Ganache

Boxed Assortment

Photo by Ellen Gibbs

Why hello there — yes you, sitting elegantly alone. You’re bold, yet mysterious. You captivate others simply with your presence. Your peers ask you if you’ve heard the latest craze, yet you already know what’s trending next month.

If you had to choose between attending a football game or silent film, you would go with the latter. Your favorite stores to shop at are Whole Foods and boutiques with overpriced, hand-thrown coffee mugs.

Boxed Assortment

Photo by Ellen Gibbs

And if you’re me, anything goes. Yes, we, my friends, are the wildcards — a progressive, chocolaty movement that fundamentally keeps the chocolate box industry in business (because lets face it — all chocolate is good chocolate).