Ah, the infamous dining hall egg station. Filled with the promise of a decently filling breakfast and what can feel like an eternity of waiting time to get it. After close examination, I believe there is a deeper meaning to that omelette you got there, and it is not just how hungry you are.

Dining Hall

Photo by Sophia Kalogeris

Four Eggs With Everything on a Roll: Energizer Bunny

Dining Hall

Photo by Sophia Kalogeris

You’re a student athlete – WE GET IT. You probably wake up before the sun and enjoy listening to hardcore heavy metal while you lift the free weights many of us joke about touching when we walk past them in the gym. Like your eggs, your room is likely organized chaos and you are very easy going.

Egg Whites With Tomato and Spinach: Busybody

Dining Hall

Photo by Sophia Kalogeris

If Kim Possible had an egg order, this would be it. You are on always on a mission, and make sure to get the nutrients you need to complete the job. You are likely a very organized person, and keep an agenda that holds your life inside. You spend more time at the gym than your dorm, and know how to multitask like a champ. You kill it, egg whites.

Scrambled Eggs: Old Soul

Dining Hall

Photo courtesy of Terry Taylor

No funny business with you. You can’t be bothered by long lines and have a shorter patience than most. You are easy to please and are a minimalist in your own right. You like to play it safe but are never one to be underestimated. Just like your eggs, you can go from simple to sophisticated in a heartbeat.

Two Eggs With Ham and Cheese: Homebody

Dining Hall

Photo by Sophia Kalogeris

Did you grow up on this egg order? No shame in missing your breakfast from home. Change is not so easy for you, so you might have brought that old blanket from home to school, and you probably have too many pictures of your dog saved to your phone. Chances are that you’re a picky eater and like to stick to what you know in food and in life. They say basic, but you say classic.

Bacon, Egg & Cheese on a Bagel: Go-Getter

Dining Hall

Photo courtesy of seriouseats.com

Slow clap for you, my friend. You are ambitious and a go-getter in all aspects of your life. You don’t let anyone stop you and never take your eyes off the prize. Got a test? You ace it. Hungover? You power through it. If you were a superhero, your breakfast sandwich here would be your trusty sidekick.

Two Eggs With Cheese and Sausage: Jack of All Trades

Dining Hall

Photo by Sophia Kalogeris

Oh you fancy, huh? You are a trend setter by nature, going to the hot plate section to grab the breakfast meat to spice up your eggs. You are a creative individual, and you probably have a guilty pleasure for making art and binge-watching sitcoms. You are clearly no rookie to the buffet game, and that is something to be proud of. Keep doing you, creative genius.

Two Eggs Over Easy: Class Act

Dining Hall

Photo by Sophia Kalogeris

Didn’t George Washington eat these for breakfast? You are classic, timeless, and definitely an old soul. People may say this order is dated, but why mess with the best? You have good instincts and are usually the voice of reason with your friends. Reliable and trustworthy, you are a product of the great eggs that you eat.

Breakfast Burrito: Party Animal 

Dining Hall

Photo courtesy of castlecreekbb.com

You are naturally the life of the party. You’ll do pretty much anything, even if it means tossing everything at the breakfast station into a tortilla. Unique and innovative, you love being spontaneous and challenging yourself and your palate. Not to mention, you have an appetite that gives “four-eggs-with -everything” over here a run for his money.

Within the cheesy crevices of one’s egg order, you can see into their whole world. What’s in your order?