As the winter gets colder and we get more pale, the distant thought of spring break gets closer and closer. Whether you will be spending spring break with your parents or #turningup with your friends, you should try these location-themed drinks instead of your mom’s classy red wine or that mixed drink you made with anything and everything you found in the minibar.

Miami Vice – Miami Beach, FL

spring break

Photo courtesy of pinlavie.com

One of the most typical spring break locations for college students – Miami. If you are headed to Miami, get ready for a week laying out on Miami Beach and heading to South Beach for the night. When you are soaking up the sun and find yourself heating up, but don’t wanna go in the ocean, try cooling down with a Miami Vice. This classic Miami cocktail combines a piña colada with a strawberry daiquiri. What else could you ask for?

Tequila or Paloma – Cancun, Mexico

spring break

Photo courtesy of noshon.it

If you are headed to the home of tequila, then you better be drinking some tequila. With so many different tequilas to try, it’s time to act like a local, if you can handle it, and sip on different tequilas and mezcals straight up.

If you can’t handle straight up tequila (understandable), try a Paloma instead. Paloma translates to “dove” in Spanish and is one of the most popular drinks in Mexico. It is a refreshing combination of tequila, grapefruit, and lime.

Bahama Mamma – Bahamas

spring break

Photo courtesy of theeyesofaboy.com

Whether you are going to Atlantis (throwback to high school) or Nassau, I’m sure you are going to drink your fair share of fruity cocktails. Next time you are at the beach bar trying to decide what to get this time, try ordering a Bahama Mamma. A classic Bahamian drink that is so fruity and delicious, I guarantee you won’t miss those gross dorm room shots.

Fizz – Las Vegas, NV

spring break

Photo courtesy of blog.caesars.com

If you want to test your luck and relax, then Las Vegas is where you should spend your spring break. Make your way over to the iconic Caesar’s Palace for some gambling and drinks after a relaxing day at the pool and try a Fizz at the casino. This drink will make you look sophisticated and classy as you rake in the big bucks.

Jamaican Rum Punch – Jamaica

spring break

Photo courtesy of tastymir.com

If you’re headed to the home of Bob Marley and reggae, get ready for a week filled with beach, music and lots of rum. If you are lucky enough to be spending spring break in Jamaica, make sure you get some authentic Jamaican Rum Punch. This fruity and very strong drink will keep you smiling on the beach as you soak up the sun and channel your inner Jamaican.

Piña Colada – Puerto Rico

spring break

Photo courtesy of foodimentary.com

This U.S. territory is a great place to be if you enjoy white sand beaches, coral reefs, beach bars, nightclubs and rum. From dark to white, Puerto Rico is the U.S.’s go-to provider for rum. When ordering a cocktail on the beach, go for a classic like a Piña Colada and test out some of Puerto Rico’s classic rum mixed in.

Mama Juana – Dominican Republic

spring break

Photo courtesy of karibkaland.blog.hu

Another Caribbean treasure, Dominican Republic, is a spring break must. This tropical paradise is ideal for all of you who are looking to relax on over 1,000 miles of beach or are trying to dance your way into the night by picking up the national dance: merengue.

Between the long days on the beach and the longer nights out, you need to try a classic Dominican drink, the Mama Juana. This typical Dominican drink is made by letting rum, red wine and honey soak in a bottle with tree bark and herbs. I know it sounds strange, but you have to try it to get the full Dominican experience.