Summer is around the corner, and you know what that means: swimsuit season. Sure, everyone knows exercise can burn calories, but so can sleep.

In fact, you burn 0.42 calories per pound per hour sleeping. That means a 120-lb person can burn about 50 calories an hour just from sleeping. If you sleep eight hours a night (haha, yeah right), you can burn around 400 calories while you dream about Zac Efron picking you up on a horse to ride around coastal Italy on your honeymoon.

sleep

Photo courtesy of buzzfeed.com

But, hey, you don’t need to lose weight for swimsuit season. In fact, forget about the weight-loss and think about all the things you could eat after burning all those calories sleeping. After such a tough workout, you’ve earned it.

Two Small Slices of Vanilla Cake with Frosting

sleep

Photo courtesy of Food.com

A slice of frosted vanilla cake contains about 240 calories. If you cut the slices small, you can have two, thanks to a good night’s sleep.

8 Oreos

sleep

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

Each oreo will cost you about 50 calories. So go ahead, have ALL the Oreos. (Actually, you can burn off about eight while you sleep. Have eight oreos.)

100 Baby Carrots

sleep

Photo courtesy of wisegeek.com

One baby carrot is only four calories; that means you can have 100 BABY CARROTS thanks to sleeping. That’s TWO TIMES THE AMOUNT SHOWN IN THE PICTURE ABOVE.

I don’t know why you would want to eat 100 baby carrots, but you can, and that’s comforting to know.

One Bacon Double Cheeseburger

sleep

Photo courtesy of opendining.net

Ok, forget about the carrots. Seriously. Bad idea. For 370 calories, you can chow down on this sucker (and if you really want, you can still have some carrots after. Whatever.).

Four Mozzarella Sticks

sleep

Photo courtesy of food.com

Each mozzarella stick is roughly 100 calories, so you can have four after a full night’s sleep. That’s almost a WHOLE ORDER TO YOURSELF.

#SpoonTip: If anyone judges you for ordering an order of mozzarella sticks for breakfast, throw your remaining mozzarella stick at them. They’re clearly sleep-deprived and jealous of your fitness.

Two Cones of Soft Serve

sleep

Photo courtesy of westcobblife.com

A cake cone of soft-serve clocks in at just about 200 calories, so go ahead, order two. You can pretend one is “for your friend,” or you can double-fist your hard-earned cones with pride.

sleep

So if your annoying roommate tries to get you to go to the gym with her for “swimsuit season,” tell her you already went, and go take a nap instead.