Taco Bell is like a guilty pleasure you can’t refuse – you know you really shouldn’t be ordering five Doritos Locos tacos at once, or having those Cap’n Crunch Donut Holes for dessert, but damn are they good. And believe it or not, vegans enjoy their share of the top fast food restaurant for college just as much as anyone else. It may not be the easiest quick service spot for them to get a meal, but it is definitely doable, and here’s how.

If you’re afraid of social interactions like me, and you feel bad for having such a complicated order, remember you can always order Taco Bell online. Thank goodness for the 21st century.

Take out the sour cream and cheese

taco bell

Photo by Alex Weiner

This may be common sense, but most of the products at Taco Bell are smothered in at least one of these, if not both. Take those out, and compensate with extra hot sauce or even replace it with guacamole. To simulate the creaminess, add in some potatoes.

Tell them to “make it fresco”

taco bell

Photo by Grant Sorbo

This is a little-known secret, but making it fresco means they take out all of the animal-based products and substitute in fresh pico de gallo. This especially works on their already vegetarian bean burrito.

Ditch the biscuit and cheese-filled shells

taco bell

Photo courtesy of @tacobell on Instagram

Pretty much all the tortillas, flatbreads, tostadas, and chalupa shells are wheat-based, and therefore vegan, with the exception of all of their Doritos, breakfast biscuit, and quesalupa shells. Again, if there’s cheese, cheese sauce, or cheese flavoring, chances are that shell isn’t vegan-friendly.

Replace the meat with beans

taco bell

Photo by Kelda Baljon

Again, common sense, but some people don’t realize that this switch is possible. Refried beans fill you up just as much as their seasoned meats, and their yummy mixture is certified vegan. If you’re looking for extra bulk, you can even ask them to add potatoes, rice, or both.

Finish it off with something sweet

taco bell

You know those cinnamon twists that are practically bite-sized churros? The ones that are so sugary yet so spicy? Yep, those are inherently plant-based. Talk about a sweet win.