Chips; they're something that most, if not all of us grew up eating. They're salty, crunchy, and come in different shapes and sizes. A leading chip brand known as Cape Cod recently came out with some research stats and a new flavor for us all to try. So, with that being said, here's what you need to know about it all.

The details

sweet, chips
Abigail Manger

In terms of the new chips from Cape Cod, here's what you need to know. They're sour cream and onion flavored, and retail for $3.79 a bag at retailers nationwide, including Walmart, Albertsons and Stop & Shop. The chips deliver the perfect combination of creamy, tangy sour cream and a savory hint of onion on robust kettle cooked chips resulting in a satisfying balance with that famous Cape Cod crunch. 

When it comes to Cape Cod's research, here's what you need to know:

It just so happens to be all about pairings. Opposites attract, and 74% of Americans agree. Less is more, because 79% of Americans agreed that two is better than one. Expect the unexpected, because 69% of Americans agree that the best combinations come from unexpected places.

What's in a potato chip? Nearly 47% of respondents agreed that sour cream and onion is an all-time favorite flavor of theirs, with 41% giving it the title of the iconic duo. One third (33%) of respondents say that they look for classic flavors that they know and trust when it comes to their chips.

The most iconic unexpected duos, according to Cape Cod, include breakfast for dinner, chicken and waffles, pineapple and pizza, peanut butter and fluff, and spoon and fork (spork).

The top five unexpected duos in pop culture just so happen to be Tom and Jerry, Beauty and The Beast, Miss Piggy and Kermit, Danny and Sandy from Grease, and Rachel and Ross from Friends.

Finally, the top five unexpected duos in fashion are blazers and jeans, denim on denim, band t-shirts and skirts, cowboy boots and formal wear, and sunglasses and indoors.

Now that you know what's up, it's time to get your clean hands on some of these chips while reading the research information above. I promise it'll all be worth it.