Fall... the season that's known for the infamous PSL, or in layman's terms, pumpkin spice latte.. cue the simplicity. Possessing a level of "being basic" isn't something that's happening at Boqueria this fall; especially with their new fall cocktails, which is why you've clicked on this article in the first place. The deal with Boqueria is that they're a lively, Barcelona-inspired tapas bar serving a menu of Spanish classics and market-driven seasonal specials in a warm and contemporary space, which makes drinking even more enjoyable since you're literally surrounded by amazing food at all times. Don't believe me? See below.

NEW Fall Cocktails

For this fall season, Beverage Director Kieran Chavez of Boqueria has created three new fall cocktails for us all to enjoy with our meals; drink ingredients range from apples to warming spices and dark spirits. The names of the drinks are 'The Devil Wears Manzana,' 'The Brooklyn,' and 'Sidra Sangria.' 'The Devil Wears Manzana' is made with Kings County bourbon, aged rum, Fuji apple, and spicy apple-guindilla pepper syrup while 'The Brooklyn,' is made with whiskey, dolin blanc, Picon, maraschino cherry and black walnut. On a final note, 'Sidra Sangria' is made with white wine, Basque cider, whiskey, and apples.

What else is new?

alcohol, whisky, wine, liquor, beer, maple syrup, syrup
Christin Urso

Beverage Director of Boqueria, Kieran Chavez will also be launching an Alpine Spritz with Rosé Cava, Fords gin, pine, eucalyptus and grapefruit bitters, and a warming Red Hot Sangria, served hot with red wine, Bourbon, cherry, and cinnamon to get us into the holiday spirit. Both of these drinks will be available in the upcoming weeks for us all to enjoy. 

More about Boqueria

As I've mentioned in the intro of this article, Boqueria is that they're a lively, Barcelona-inspired tapas bar serving a menu of Spanish classics and market-driven seasonal specials in a warm and contemporary space, which makes drinking even more enjoyable since you're literally surrounded by amazing food at all times. It all started when Yann de Rochefort opened Boqueria’s flagship location in Manhattan’s Flatiron neighborhood in 2006. Not only is he the founder of Boqueria, but he's also the CEO. Born in France, Yann de Rochefort studied in Spain, where he expanded both his palate and passion for Spanish food culture. The nice thing about Boqueria is that they've become an east coast institution, with locations spread throughout Washington D.C. and Manhattan.

All of the booze concoctions are led by beverage director Kieran Chavez, thus leaving Boqueria to have a thoughtful beverage program celebrates the wines, beers and spirits of Spain, while highlighting the country’s rich drinking history and traditions. All of the wines are Spanish, which showcases the various regions of the country, in addition to both Spanish and local beers. Boqueria also has 'Signature Sangrías,' which are offered by the glass and in pitcher form with three classic selections, known as red, white and rosé. There's also a seasonal selection such as the Sangría de Naranja Sanguina with blood orange, tequila, cava, and lime cordial; and Sangría de Peras with white wine, vodka, pear, spiced Demerara and a cava float. Boqueria also has creative cocktails that feature Spanish liquors and seasonal ingredients, including Basque Mule with vodka, patxaran, ginger beer and lime; and Alma Del Sur with El Gobernador Pisco, pineapple, lime, Peychaud’s bitters and egg whites. A special vermouth program pays tribute to the beloved Spanish tradition of serving red or white ‘vermut’ on the rocks with seltzer and mix-and-match garnishes; allowing guests to build their own cocktail.

Sounds interesting? I know, but please try not to get too drunk after reading this article. Boqueria is an amazing restaurant to check out, and I highly recommend that everyone would go there at least once in their lifetime. Life's too short to not try new food places; especially those with amazing cocktails.