The world of politics can be a vast and controversial one. What’s the best way to add to this controversy? Imagining the 2016 presidential candidate frontrunners as food, because we’re always hungry for more. Is your pick best served warm or cold? Find out here!

Republicans

Donald Trump: Overdone Steak

food

Photo courtesy of traditionalright.com

Trump has created quite the campaign, built on offensive comments and constant allusions to his wealth. It’s true, Trump is a very rich man. Like steak, some might even call his wealth luxurious. But an overdone steak?

Sure, it’s expensive, but when it’s overcooked, does it even make sense anymore? Absolutely not. He’s also quite overdone in terms of media, receiving “more attention on the nightly news” than all of his competitors combined.

Also, considering his most recent comments on barring Muslims from entering the U.S., it’s safe to say that we as well are burned out due to his complete ignorance and inconsiderateness and have had enough.

food

Photo courtesy of wikipedia.org

Ben Carson: Tomato

food

photo courtesy of camelcitydispatch.com

Tomatoes are a fruit, but are often act like vegetables. They’re in most veggie salads and platters, but you wouldn’t find one in a fruit salad or as an Icee flavor, right? Dr. Ben Carson has said that he probably is “never going to be politically correct” because he “not a politician,” but how politically correct are politicians anyway?

He has also made his fair share of ridiculous remarks, many of them quite ironic. Carson is doing a great job of blending in with the vegetables.

food

Photo courtesy of pomi.us.com

Chris Christie: Cheese

food

Photo courtesy of politifact.com

Cheese is great. You can put it on pasta, chips, bread — basically anything. There’s cheese pizza, cheesecake, chopped cheese, and so much more. Too much cheese, however, is not a good thing. It can literally back you up, kind of like how Christie backed everyone up with that whole bridge thing. Awk.

food

Photo courtesy of smokehouse.com

Jeb Bush: Brussels Sprouts

food

Photo courtesy of eaglerising.com

Oh, brussels sprouts. Your mom would do anything to make you eat them. She’d add salt and pepper, drizzle them with olive oil, bake them a little longer to make them crispy. At the end of the day, though, they would just leave a bitter taste in your mouth.

George Bush started this bitter taste and now Jeb Bush had made it that much more pungent, especially with his now infamous psych major comment.

food

Photo courtesy of Alice Currah on savorysweetlife.com

Carly Fiorina: Cilantro

food

Photo courtesy of politifact.com

Cilantro is something that makes its presence known. Whether you taste it or smell it, you know when you encounter it. Carly Fiorina has this effect. By defending herself in the recent debates, she has definitely made it known that whether you like it or not, she is in this race and she definitely won’t back down.

food

Photo courtesy of brawleygardencenter.com

Ted Cruz: Potato

food

photo courtesy of politifact.com

Potatoes are interesting. From french fries to potatoes au gratin, the potato is definitely a staple and doesn’t need anything to accompany it. It’s quite popular and it’s what I would call a food diva. Recently, Ted Cruz has taken on this position by gaining favorability ratings and fearlessly calling out the media.

food

Photo courtesy of Wikipedia

Marco Rubio: Caviar

food

Photo courtesy of howiecarrshow.com

Caviar is a delicacy. It’s a real crowd pleaser, and so is Marco Rubio. He had great approval ratings for a while, however, it is always associated with its extreme expensiveness. Marco Rubio has faced similar attacks for his financial record. Why is it always about the money, Marco?

food

Photo courtesy of wikipedia.org

Lindsey Graham: Liver

food

photo courtesy of highlighthollywood.com

Liver has never really been a fan favorite… I can’t recall meeting someone who said liver was their favorite food. Even with all this opposition, liver still seems to stay on many mainstream restaurant’s menus. Lindsey Graham has captured this spirit. Even with everyone telling him to drop out, he still remains optimistic and in the race.

food

Photo courtesy of avartsycooking.com

Mike Huckabee: Anchovies

food

photo courtesy of outsidethebeltway.com

Anchovies are salty little fish that some people enjoy on their pizza. I also can never recall hearing someone say they enjoy anchovies. Mike Huckabee is definitely salty, because has made it very clear that he does not like the Queen Bey. This kind of saltiness is unforgivable and the reason why no one likes anchovies.

food

Photo courtesy of Andy Broder on phoenixnewtimes.com

Democrats

Hillary Clinton: Sushi

food

photo courtesy of diginomica.com

Our girl Chillary, I mean… Hillary, has been the talk of the town throughout much of this presidential race. From her email scandal to the prospect of Bill Clinton becoming the First Man, everyone is very anxious to see what she does next. Raw sushi also shares these attributes. It’s colorful, modern, and controversial, but is it a good idea? You decide.

food

Photo courtesy of thelocalsociety.com

Bernie Sanders: Pot Brownie

food

photo courtesy of guardianlv.com

Good old Bernie Sanders seems like just the little old man America needs. The self-proclaimed socialist has brought up things like free college and the legalization of marijuana, which has made him very popular among young people. Pot brownies are also very popular among young people. The experience they bring is said to be unlike any other, which is definitely something Sanders would bring to the table, if elected.

food

Photo courtesy of someecards.com

Martin O’Malley: Pumpkin Spice Latte

food

Photo courtesy of thebullelephant.com

The pumpkin spice latte has made a return and everyone is in love… It’s everywhere. Literally everywhere. A lot of people also have the hots for Martin O’Malley. Many have even called him the most attractive candidate. With his announcement of leadership teams in 21 states, he, like the pumpkin spice latte is taking over the nation.

food

Photo courtesy of Nathan Van Driel on flickr.com