For a while, there was a fierce debate about the lack of diversity in Disney princess movies. But now that there is some diversity among the Disney princesses, I decided to get creative and tell you what kind of cake each Disney princess would eat if she were alive. Because why not celebrate being a bad ass woman? 

Snow White: German Chocolate Cupcakes With a Kick

German chocolate cupcake

kgroovy on Flickr

The movie, Snow White, was believed to be based on an old German folk story from 1812. But in 2012 a German man named Eckhard Sander wrote a book called Schneewittchen: Marchen oder Wahrheit? The book was about how Snow White might have actually been based on a German countess named Margarete von Waldeck, who was a mistress.

According to Sander, the countess died in 1554 when she was poisoned by authorities after the King of Spain and her stepmother thought the possible marriage between her and the Spanish Prince might cause political turmoil. Because of Waldeck's dark demise, I decided that German chocolate cupcakes with liquor buttercream would be the perfect treat for our sweet Snow White.

Cinderella: French Vanilla Cappuccino Cupcakes

Cupcakes

Eldriva on Flickr

There are several different variations of Cinderella, but for our purposes, we'll use the French version

First of all, our girl Cinderella really needs to wake up (cue the cappuccino) if she thinks wearing glass slippers is a good idea. She also needs that extra caffeine because I don't think anyone has ever lost a shoe and not realized it until they got home. Time to wake up and eat a coffee cupcake, girl.

Aurora: German Chocolate Espresso Cake With Espresso Frosting

Tiramisu Cake

jh_tan84 on Flickr

If Cinderella needed a cappuccino cupcake, then Aurora needs an espresso cake in Sleeping Beauty. I'm not one to judge, but it's pretty irresponsible to sleep days on end waiting for some magical prince to come and kiss you. Aurora, what were you thinking, honey?

This cake isn't for the dainty of heart. It has espresso in the cake portion and espresso in the frosting, which would have definitely woken Aurora up and brought her to her senses.

Ariel: Cherry Vanilla Cheese Danish Cupcakes

Cherry-Cheese-Danish-Braid-02

cadyellow on Flickr

Growing up, my entire bedroom was The Little Mermaid-themed, which is honestly one of the main reasons I decided to write this. Since The Little Mermaid is based off a Danish story, it was only appropriate that Ariel, with her fierce red hair, eat a cherry vanilla cheese danish cupcake. With that kind of flavor, it's no wonder so many people love this Disney princess.

Belle: Foret Noire Cake

Belle is one smart cupcake, which means she's able to make an intricate Foret Noire Cake, aka Black Forest Cake, without breaking a sweat. Belle is also bold and not afraid to step on toes or stray away from the pack, which is why this deeply flavored cake accurately represents her. 

Jasmine: Maharani Cupcakes

Food As Art

USFWS Mountain Prairie on Flickr

These cupcakes are named after a queen in India, which suites Jasmine because she is a strong and bold Disney princess who might as well be a queen. 

Although I've never had these cupcakes, they're known to have a curry lemon flavor as well as a refreshing basil topping, which perfectly describes Jasmine. She's not afraid to break away from the norm, and she's got a hint of sour in her sway. She's everything we've ever wanted in a princess and all in one cupcake. 

Pocahontas: Sunflower Seed Cake

Before doing my research for this article, I had never heard of sunflower seed cake, but now I'm really tempted to make it (especially since it's only four ingredients!).

Like Pocahontas, this cake has no sugar coating on it and has absolutely no nonsense. It's nutritious, minimal and hardy. It's also beautiful in a simplistic kind of way, much like Pocahontas. She never wears any elaborate ball gowns like some of the other princesses.

Mulan: Chinese Sponge Cake

Mulan cut her beautiful hair, pretended to be a man and fought for her country—which pretty much makes her the biggest and boldest gal on this list. But Mulan is also full of love. In fact, she absorbs love like a sponge and spreads it. She's caring, compassionate, but also fierce, which is why she would definitely indulge in Chinese sponge cake

Tiana: Hummingbird Cake

Tiana is all about embracing the southern spirit, which is why she would probably indulge in hummingbird cake. I've never had hummingbird cake. However, it's supposed to be extremely rich, creamy, and filled with nuts—which is characteristic of Tiana's situation in The Princess and the Frog. All of a sudden her life is flipped upside down and the next thing you know, she's kissing a frog.

Rapunzel: Strawberry Cake

Rapunzel is known for her long, strawberry blonde hair so I figured strawberry cake must be her go-to. Not only is this cake light and airy (and Rapunzel is a bit ditzy), it's also very beautiful, much like her. She also tends to wear pink often, so it fits with her personality and appearance well.

Merida: Scottish Carrot Cake

carrot cake

martaschoenle on Flickr

Merida has this distinctive red hair in the movie Brave, that's a lot like carrot cake—and not just because of its color. Her hair, much like carrot cake, is very thick, filled with a ton of layers and hard to tame. It's also something you see once and never are able to forget. 

Elsa & Anna: Ice Cream Cupcakes

Since a good portion of Frozen takes place in the freezing cold, it's only appropriate that Elsa and Anna would regularly eat ice cream cupcakes. These cupcakes are not only beautiful (much like these two sisters), but they can also make you stop in your tracks from how cold they can be. 

Moana: Hawaiian Poke Cake

I haven't seen Moana yet, but I've read several reviews about how amazing this princess is and how powerful she comes off as. For this reason, I decided that Hawaiian poke cake would be something she'd eat because it's filled with pineapples, which are both sweet and tart altogether. 

If you've made it this far and you still think Disney isn't diverse enough, think again. Disney—in more ways than one—has come a long way and is continuing to include women of all backgrounds in its movies.