Hard soda has been on supermarket shelves for a while now, but I first heard about it only recently. If you've only had regular sodas like Diet Coke and Sprite, you might be left wondering, what is hard soda? In truth, hard soda is exactly what it sounds like. Here's a deeper dive into what this drink is and where you can buy it. 

What is hard soda?

Hard soda is basically an alcoholic version of some of our favorite sodas, beers, and lemonades, but is usually in the form of cans or glass bottles. Most hard sodas either taste like watered down versions of their alcoholic counterparts or are blended so well that they taste just like the flavor that they're marketed to be. The better hard sodas don't even taste like they contain alcohol. 

In terms of alcohol content, most hard sodas range from 4 to 8 percent, meaning they're more light bodied than most alcoholic drinks that are out on the market. Some of the more popular flavors of hard soda include root beer, lemonade, cherry, and orange.

In terms of purchasing hard soda, some of the more popular brands include Henry's Hard Soda and Seagrams and can either be bought in a liquor store or at your local drugstore, depending on availability and location. 

Another great thing about hard soda is that unless people actually know what it is and are able to distinguish it from afar, nobody's going to know that you have booze in a can, which is great for you and a clever way to disguise booze when in public.

When it comes to getting your hands on hard soda, you can either purchase it or make it at home yourself. Whichever way you choose to get your hands on it, just be aware that it's not going to be high in alcohol content.