Better Call Sauls second season premiere personally gives me the nostalgia of when Breaking Bad was all people could talk about and Walter White was ruling everyone’s daily conversations.

It’s a shame we can’t reminisce about such a great show… or can we? Why not just bring the characters back to life through the application of everyone’s favorite thing, food? Ladies and gentleman, I present to you Breaking Bad (Spoon U Version).

Walter White: Nuts

Breaking Bad

Photo by Katherine Carroll

What better food can describe this individual than nuts? Nuts are simple, small round foods that don’t seem like much; however, they pack quite the punch by being a large source of protein as well as instigating the development of new brain cells.

Walter White is the epitome of this idea in that he seems like any innocent chemistry teacher trying to make a living. His side job is being a complete badass and using his wits as a chemistry maestro to make the Benjamins for his family. This man sure has the nuts and is nuts to even consider a life like this. Totally worth it.

Breaking Bad

Skyler White: Broccoli Pizza

Breaking Bad

Photo courtesy of spabettie.com

Let’s be honest, pizza is bomb. Broccoli pizza, on the other hand, is an acquired taste and many of us can agree that it’s pretty nasty. I mean, it has that health thing to it and it has good intentions, but it just doesn’t quite do our taste buds justice.

Skyler can be the same way. She tries to help Walter out with his meth endeavors, but towards the end of the show she just gets in the way of things and is not a pleasant person to be around. Some people may like her, but most don’t.

Breaking Bad

Holly White: Push Pop

Breaking Bad

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Holly is possibly the only person on the show that you can’t seem to hate. You know why? Because she’s a baby. Everyone loves babies. One can say that she is a push pop candy because back in the day, who didn’t like to just suck on these sweet candy accessories?

Just like the candy itself, Holly was just the cute child who was minding her business and going on with her infant years. But like Push Pops have seemed to lose popularity and dwindled away, Holly’s childhood is just a tad bit screwed up because of her family. Literally like taking candy away from baby.

Breaking Bad

Photo courtesy of breakingbad.wikia.com

Walter White, Jr. (Flynn): Breakfast

Breaking Bad

Photo by Aoife Leogue

The son of the meth king is known on the show to consistently like one part of the day the best — breakfast. In fact, if he’s not complaining to one of his parents or talking about school, this is all he talks about (like how many waffles he wants or his vehement hatred for that vegan bacon Skyler got).

Just like the many breakfast foods with different traits, Walter White Jr. has many different personalities that he goes through in the show, starting out happy and optimistic to being one who protests and complains quite a lot.

Breaking Bad

Photo courtesy of grantland.com

Jesse Pinkman: Cauliflower

Breaking Bad

Photo by Laura Silver

Jesse Pinkman, without a doubt, had one of the crappiest roles in the show, only finally getting some retribution in the end. Similarly, cauliflower really has a undesirable reputation in the food industry, typically a kind of sad side dish when in reality it can be used for so much more.

It’s a long process for these two to get cut some slack for them just being themselves and trying to carry on their normal lives.

Breaking Bad

Hank Schrader: Dark Chocolate

Breaking Bad

Photo by Emily Hu

Hank, towards the beginning of the show, was really there as a source of comical relief, joking around (remember: “Chick’s got an ass like an onion…makes me want to cry”) and acting sympathetic towards the Whites. As the show went on, however, the darkness surrounded Schrader as he learned that his own family member was part of a huge drug cartel.

Dark chocolate is exactly like this: tasting sweet initially until the actual part of the chocolate that makes it “dark” hits and gives you that biting sensation in your mouth. Of course, when chocolate gets heated like Hank’s personality, both can have meltdowns. 

Breaking Bad

Marie Shrader: Skunk Spray Jelly Bean

Breaking Bad

Photo by Elizabeth Layman

Technically, each character in this show can be attributed a certain fun jelly bean candy that matches their personality. Perhaps Holly would cotton candy for her sweet personality, or Hank could jalapeño due to his spicy attitude.

But Marie? This individual gets the skunk spray jelly bean (yes, this jelly bean exists, and it tastes terrible as you would imagine).

Marie attempts to act like one of the sweetest ones around and is just gross in general. Just like how skunk spray lingers around you after being sprayed, Marie creeps around and meddles in business she’s not supposed to, and she continually ticks off her husband as the show progresses.

Breaking Bad

Saul Goodman: Lasagna

Breaking Bad

Photo by Keni Lin

Lasagna has a lot of levels to it: cheese, vegetables, pasta noodles, and (most importantly) meat. As a whole, it actually kind of looks like everything packed together in a messy manner and it doesn’t appear very pleasant. The taste is a different story.

Saul has layers as well. We start by thinking that he’s just a lawyer who makes corny jokes and comes off as pretty creepy when, in fact, he’s in with Walter’s huge drug money schema and has some acquaintances with other questionable individuals.

Breaking Bad

Gustavo Fring: Fried Chicken

Breaking Bad

Photo by Nicole Feretich

It would be fitting that Gus would be represented by fried chicken, the very same food that he serves at his restaurant. Fried chicken is the all-American dish that everyone loves to eat; the catch is that it’s pretty bad for your health.

Gustavo appears to be giddy and enthusiastic as a manager for his eating establishment during the day, but when you mention words like meth or Heisenberg, you might want to depart as soon as possible for he might be a nightmare to be around.

Fortunately for you, by the end of the fourth season, he turns into a literal fried chicken thanks to the work of Walter and Hector.

Breaking Bad

Mike Ehrmantraut: Chocolate Protein Powder

Breaking Bad

Photo by Malia Budd

Protein powder: all it really is micro-particles of supplements, but the purpose of it is for your body to intake substance that will stimulate muscle growth and power.

Mike might be your average looking grand pappy, but he will take you out in an instant if necessary. He’s the supplement for Gustavo and Saul, being the individual who protects and serves whoever is paying him and doesn’t take crap from anyone.

This protein powder is also specifically chocolate, given that everyone likes chocolate (and Mike), and the fact that the man has a sweet side to his personality by looking out for his granddaughter throughout the show.

Breaking Bad

Todd Alquist: Baby Food

Breaking Bad

Photo courtesy of babygizmo.com

As a baby, we eat baby food. Simple enough. As adults, we look at baby food and just die a little inside from how nasty it looks. We’re just forced to look at it and feed it to our children.

Todd is very much like THIS. As adults, watching the show, we’re forced to watch him be the most irritating, punchable character EVER. However, as viewers we can’t do anything but shudder and cover our ears to stop the annoying, squeaky voice this naive, wannabe drug dealer portrays.

Breaking Bad

GIF courtesy of vulture.com

Badger and Skinny Pete: Mashed Potatoes & Gravy

Breaking Bad

Photo courtesy of masonarik.blogspot.com

When you get a serving of mashed potatoes, it isn’t complete without the essence of gravy. When you got Badger, he isn’t complete without the presence of Skinny Pete. You can’t split these guys apart because they’re so close. 

They may be a little on the creepy side of things, and not that bright either. At the same time, besides the way it looks, there’s no reason to not like this food duo for the same reason you shouldn’t  dislike Badger and Skinny Pete — just a couple of a stoners doing stoner things.

Breaking Bad

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Lydia Rodarte-Quayle: Coconut Water

Breaking Bad

Photo by Gabby Phi

I may have said earlier that Todd is undoubtedly the most obnoxious person in this show by far, but now we have come across Lydia. She may be one of the most basic girls on the show, always trying to do what is best for her and just a nasty person in general. Coconut water, in a similar way, does make me want to puke.

It initially looks good (how can coconut in water form be bad?!), but it just tricks you to drink it and spit it all over the floor. This goes for Lydia as well, who you take a look at and think at first that she’s just your average pretty girl. But inside, she’s definitely one of the most manipulating beeeeeeotches that you’ll encounter, in your fantasy shows and in reality.

Breaking Bad

Huell Babineaux: French Fries

Breaking Bad

Photo by Alia Wilhelm

Let’s be real, we don’t really truly need french fries in our lives because we have many substitutes for it. But at the same time, why the heck would you not want the goodness and deliciousness of fries in your life? Same goes for everyone’s favorite bodyguard Huell.

Although Huell attempts to “protect” Saul from danger, Saul could really just save some money by not hiring the worthless, always sleeping on the job Huell. Don’t get on Huell’s bad side either, though, because the man can get a tad bit salty when he has to actually do his job (similar to properly seasoned fries).

Breaking Bad