Spoon University Logo
Lifestyle

The Weirdest Pumpkin Spice Products Of 2024

Updated Published

Pumpkin spice has been taken to a new level with many brands releasing various unconventional pumpkin spice-flavored and scented items in preparation for the upcoming fall season. The question however remains; is it too early to start pumpkin spice in the summer? Just like how stores are already selling Halloween decorations, many brands are releasing fall items this month. Here’s a list of all the weirdest pumpkin spice products that have been released recently — both food items and everyday items that you wouldn’t expect. 

Pumpkin Spice Slurpee

20 Slurpee 002 2

7-Eleven released its Pumpkin Spice Slurpee earlier this month. The Slurpee is a mix of pumpkin and cinnamon to bring both the taste as well as the temperature of fall into the summer heat. The Slurpee, however, will only be available in select stores while supplies last, those stores being located in Texas, California, New York, and Ohio. I don’t think I’d want a pumpkin-flavored ice in the summer but at least the cold drink somewhat matches the season.

Pumpkin Spice Trash Bags

This is when it starts to get a bit too much. Hefty released its Cinnamon Pumpkin Spice Ultra Strong trash bags, which will be available on Amazon while supplies last and at select Walmart stores starting in late September. This year isn’t the first time the brand released this scented bag, with the same item selling out in 90 minutes in 2023. Hefty stated that the trash bags would bring customers, “the cozy fall upgrade they never knew they needed.” I’m definitely a fan of a food scented trash bag to mask the smell of garbage inside. I’d buy these just to have them for when the fall season started. 

Pumpkin Spice Cat Litter

6000197700243

Special Kitty is selling a limited-edition pumpkin spice-scented cat litter through Walmart. The cat litter has 24-hour long-lasting odor control so you’ll be smelling that pumpkin-spice scent for the rest of the day. Again, the idea of masking an unpleasant smell with a nice treat is a good idea. Since there aren’t many cat litters that have a food-related scent, I’d give this a try regardless of the season if it works well.  

Pumpkin Spice Chewing Gum

51dGAh0RqqL. SL1200

Simply Gum is selling plant-based pumpkin spice chewing gum. The gum is also kosher, vegan, gluten-free, aspartame-free, and non-GMO. The gum doesn’t use synthetic plastic but instead uses a tree sap called Chicle. You can get the gum through Amazon. As someone who hates the taste of mint, having an alternative-flavored gum is something I would try. I’d suffer through the feeling that it’s the wrong season to be chewing it. 

Pumpkin Spice Toilet Paper

81iFdCO1RL. SL1500

Green Meadow Valley created a pumpkin spice-scented toilet paper. I was worried about this at first until I found out that it’s the cardboard tube that’s scented, not the actual toilet paper itself. The tube is fragranced using a scented oil that’s infused with essential oils including cinnamon, clove, and ginger. The description states that the toilet paper is meant to be a gag gift for pumpkin spice lovers. For me, I would rather get a candle or an air freshener. 

Julia Braatz is a national writer for Spoon University. She writes about all food-related topics like up-and-coming food news as well as trending social media topics surrounding food.Julia is also a student at Fairfield University, with a double major in Creative Writing and Studio Art, along with a minor in Editing and Publishing. She is currently an editor for Trill Magazine, as well as having been an editor for her school's literary journal Dogwood: A Journal of Poetry and Prose. Julia is also a member of Sigma Tau Delta, an international honors society for English students. She is a self-diagnosed picky eater but loves to find all kinds of different recipes. She loves all things food-related, such as binge-watching episodes of Chopped and Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. She's also a huge lover of all chocolate desserts and baked goods, which heavily supports her hobby as a baker.Check her out via Julia's Linkdhin: www.linkedin.com/in/juliabraatz, her Instagram: @jbraatz2003, her Twitter: @julia92038, or on her Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100093064717780