So here’s what’s been happening…

Man Calls 911 for a Cheeseburger

52-year-old Gregory Jackson Sr. was so famished after a couple rounds of drinks late one Friday night that he was compelled to call the police every 10 minutes requesting a cheeseburger delivery. Despite this brilliant plan, his request went unfulfilled — and the police were not amused. Jackson had to face two hearings for his crime (both of which he failed to appear for), under charges that he blatantly and purposefully abused the 911 number to merely utter “cheeseburger.” So next time you’re in dire need of a solution to the drunchies, don’t try this at home.

Chicago Chef Rick Bayless Crafts Own Beer

Rick Bayless has sealed a deal with Crown Imports (a distributer of Corona and other Mexican brands sold in the U.S.) to release his own beer next year. The beer will be paired with Bayless’ chips, salsa and sauces for special store promotions. Although the name and style is still unknown, the beer will possess flavors of Latin and Mexican origin. This will be Bayless’ second beer after the launch of Marisol with Goose Island Beer Co. a few years ago, which is still sold in his restaurant Frontera Grill in Chicago.

Chicago Sun-Times Cuts Food Section

Chicago Sun-Times has announced that starting March 13 it is swapping its food section for a new one called TASTE that appears more appealing to advertisers. TASTE will include a food news column, a weekly meal calendar and a DeVine wine column, providing plenty of opportunities for advertising in order to maximize profit. Furthermore, Sun-Times writers will not be involved in providing content for TASTE.

JFK Airport Drops $28 Million on Dining 

In the wake of LaGuardia airport’s luxurious dining advancements, JFK has announced plans to drop $28 million on restaurant openings this coming May. In the new plan, Marcus Samuelsson’s restaurant Uptown Brasserie will let travelers dine in style on American cuisine, while his other joint Street Food will provide the sort of on-the-go fast-food options ideal for rushing to the gate with heavy bags with just 5 minutes to spare. La Brea Bakery will feature Nancy Silverton’s fresh warm sandwiches and pastries, and Blue Smoke on the Road will be the hot spot for hearty BBQ dishes and cocktails. To top it all off, there will be two signature Shake Shacks — and better yet, they’ll serve breakfast. If you didn’t have one before, now you really have a reason to plan some summer trips to the Big Apple.

Omega-3 Fatty Acids Ward Off Skin Cancer

Scientists have discovered that popping a dose of fish oil supplements daily boosts your skin’s immunity to UV radiation. Not only do these fish oils help the oils in your skin, but they have also been shown to raise serotonin levels, putting you in a better mood. Omega-3 fatty acids are found in fish products, such as salmon and mackerel, as well as in nuts, avocado and olive oil. For best results, incorporate these staples into your meal plan and take one supplement of fish oil per day.

Pitt & Jolie Move From Acting to Winery

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s rose wine Miravel, formally called Pink Floyd, will be sold for $140 a bottle and distributed from the couple’s vineyard in Nice, France. The first 6,000 bottles will be sold online starting March 7. Produced from Grenache, Syrah and Cinsault grapes, the Miravel rose is noted for its “dynamism” and “expensive fruit,” and exudes the aromatic freshness of wines from the Provence region. Partnered with Perrin, Pitt and Jolie plan to create a white and red version after the successful launch of the rose wine.

Sean “Diddy” Combs and Mark Wahlberg Team Up

Pairing with AQUAhydrate, based in Southern California, Sean “Diddy” Combs and Mark Wahlberg plan to create the most enhanced performance water without the added sugar and calories found in generic sports drinks or vitamin waters. They will be working with the CEO of AQUAhydrate, John Cochran, who was previously the president of Fiji Water. The pH level will be 9+ alkaline with a combinations of high-end electrolytes.

No More Private Hibachi at Todoroki

Evanston’s hottest hibachi restaurant has decided to prohibit customers from ordering hibachi dishes anywhere other than the communal dining room in the back. The new rule comes as a result of customer complaints that their hibachi meals were not cooked properly by hibachi chefs, since they were cooked in the same kitchen as sushi.  The consequences for Todoroki’s business remain to be seen, but it’s reasonable to expect the restaurant might lose the business of some customers who might prefer to order hibachi at private tables as opposed to the impersonal communal tables.

New App Alert: Chefs Feed

Brothers Jared and Steve Rivera have brought digital media as a marketing tool to new heights with their new app Chefs Feed, which aims to increase reservations by featuring renowned restaurant chefs’ favorite food choices, tips for dining, special promotional offers at their restaurants and updates on future events. The chefs involved are hoping to use this app to maximize profit, bring in crowds and get news out about their restaurants and cooking styles. Currently garnering tons of publicity and Twitter followers, Chefs Feed is looking at a total of $6.15 million in funding to enhance the interaction between customer and chef and improve the overall dining experience.

For Fun:

IF UNDER 17 THIS PAGE IS NOT FOR YOU: Apparently, cooking vegan cuisine in the nude is a new trend. Three girls have created a blog with images and recipes of their vegan dishes and bare bods. The trio is requesting that people start submitting their own pictures.