Now that January 1st seems like a century ago, it's time to do what everyone dreads and avoids: check in on New Year's resolution progress. It's great if you've stayed on track, and it is OK if you haven't. I personally made it about a week, which is one of my best. While New Year's resolutions may seem like they just set you up for failure, accomplishing them is not completely out of reach. Especially if you use some of these tools below to help you:

#1. Websites

If you want to write more: Daily Page

The Daily Page is full of ways to help you write more. It sends you daily reminders to write something down, it allows you to write whatever you want or to select a prompt, and it includes lessons on how to write blogs, movie scripts, reviews, and novels. You'll never have writer's block again!

If you want to learn to cook: New York Times Cooking 

As someone who loves cooking shows but has no idea how to actually cook, I love this website. The New York Times provides you with recipes of the day to try out, as well as suggestions of what to cook for the upcoming week. Additionally, their website includes categories like "24 Recipes for Everyone Who Hates Doing the Dishes," Valentine's Day, and videos that help you "Master the Basics." You'll be on Gordon Ramsay's level in no time. 

#2. Apps 

If you want to learn a new language: Duolingo 

Whether you want to practice a language you already know or you want to start completely from scratch, Duolingo offers 35 languages ranging from Spanish and French to Scottish Gaelic, Navajo, and Klingon. You can get a real personalized education as you can choose how many minutes a day you want to practice. This is an app that get results and is structured all around what you want to make of it. 

If you want to take more time for yourself: Headspace 

Headspace is an app that my high school gym teacher recommended to me, so naturally I was skeptical of it. But then I tried it. Headspace can help if you want to manage your stress and anxiety, if you want to be able to sleep more soundly, or if you just want to try something new. For sleep, Headspace offers "sleepcasts": stories in the most soothing of voices that will help you fall asleep, as well as a wide range of calming songs. For anxiety, they have a lot of "courses," which are 10-20 minute videos that you are guided into listening and mediating along to. If you need to take a few minutes for yourself during the day but don't know how to, this is the app for you. 

#3. Instagram Accounts 

If you want to get in shape/lose weight:

Instagram has long been a place that sparks anxiety and body negativity. But, it can also be a wonderful place to begin for those with the most common New Year's resolution: to be more healthy. The Instagram accounts that I'm recommending are from real professionals: 

@marcinevin

Marci Nevin is a health coach (and you can even sign up for her coaching on her Instagram bio). Her Instagram is full of posts that are actually motivational and full of information such as how walking can improve your life, different ways to make progress at the gym, and how to make healthy eating more enjoyable. Her tips make the thought of being healthy seem a lot more attainable. 

@tiffanymcfadye

Tiffany McFadyen is a fitness coach with an online bootcamp dedicated to helping women and promoting self-love. Her Instagram echoes those same themes. Tiffany herself lost 100 pounds, and her posts include how she did that as well as motivational messages to women looking to do the same. Plus, she features the cutest photos of her with her son...

New Year's resolutions are hard to keep: only 8% of Americans actually achieve them! But, they don't have to be impossible. Find out what works for you, whether that's a website, an app, or following a motivational Instagram account. Who says you can't make a New Year's resolution in February?