Dunkin' Donuts will soon be putting a new coffee flavor on grocery store shelves, except, the flavor has yet to be decided on. Dunkin’ is asking us to choose for them. Coffee addicts and casual drinkers alike can cast their vote at dunkinflavorite.com. You can vote more than once up to Oct. 31, and each vote enters you for a chance to win a $5,000 grand prize. Sixty-five other lucky voters will be chosen at random to win 52 pre-packaged bags of ground coffee of the winning flavor (one for each week of the year, I presume).  

However, if you were one of the lucky people who snagged tickets to 29Rooms by Refinery29 last weekend in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, you had the opportunity to taste test the flavors and vote in the sponsored by Dunkin' Donuts room. Here’s a breakdown of the flavors, starting with my favorite. 

Coconut Caramel

caramel, candy, sweet, popcorn
Photo courtesy of Dunkin' Donuts

I’m normally not a fan of coconut, but this was love at first sip. I probably liked it so much because I could only really taste a hint of coconut and more of the caramel, but the hint of coconut made it stand out from my typical latte order. Lately, I feel like I’m being forced into fall (summer is NOT over, people!), so a cup of this is a great way to keep some of the ~summer vibes.~

Dulce de Leche Cookie

sweet, caramel, syrup, honey
Photo courtesy of Dunkin' Donuts

This tasted like I was literally drinking a cookie. I like cookies, so to me, this was a win. I could definitely see myself having a cup of this for an afternoon snack. Also, I’m not sure if it’s because of the name or because of the rich and creamy caramel flavor, but I felt like I had to drink this one with my pinky up? It was fancy af.

Blueberry Pancake

candy, honey, chocolate, cake, cream, sweet
Photo courtesy of Dunkin' Donuts

This one combines two breakfast staples — pancakes and coffee — into one cup, but adds a hint of blueberry. This was my managing editor’s favorite flavor; she described it as sweet and creamy. If you overslept and missed your brunch plans, a cup of this should pick you up. Of course, speaking from experience, I’d also pair this cup of joe with some donut holes to-go as I frantically try to catch up with my disappointed friends.

At 29Rooms, the Dunkin’ Donuts room depicted a cartoonish-version of a Dunkin’ store, but made you feel like you were literally in a cup of coffee; from the smells to the neon heat lamps on the walls. Once you tried all three flavors, you threw a ping pong ball into a tube representing your favorite flavor to cast your vote. By the end of the weekend, voters chose Coconut Caramel as the winning flavor. But right now, on the voting website, Dulce de Leche is winning.

chocolate, candy, cake
Ellie Conley

#SpoonTip: This photo was from the press preview — many more people voted over the course of the 3-day event. 

Whether you agree with these results or not, there’s still time for you to cast your vote. (But I’m telling you, seriously, vote for Coconut Caramel.)