From one vegetarian to another, I'm here to let you know you can still enjoy fast food. Just because burgers and chicken nuggets are the first thing that come to mind when we think about fast food, it doesn't mean the menu ends there. There have been plenty of times my friends have wanted to grab a quick bite at fast food joints like Burger King, and I've learned to get creative and make the most out of their menu. After some extensive (and tasty) research, here are a few of my favorite vegetarian Burger King menu items.

1. Salads

salad, lettuce, tomato
Jenny Georgieva

Burger King's side salad is totally vegetarian and features tomatoes, cheese, and croutons. They also have two other entree salads, their Chicken Garden Salad and Chicken Club Salad, which you could easily take the meat off of. The veggies used in Burger King's salads are sliced fresh in-house every day!

2. French Fries

My favorite part of any fast food meal is thankfully vegetarian. Prepared in a fryer used for products containing wheat and milk, you don't have to worry about any secret animal byproducts in your fries. 

#SpoonTip: If you're tired of just dipping your fries in ketchup, ask for ranch dressing and try dipping your fries in it. 

3. Onion Rings

Once again, thank goodness some of the best fried food doesn't contain meat! If fries aren't your style, try some onion rings. Burger King has a ton of different sauces you can pair your onion rings with for a bold combination of flavors.

4. Egg and Cheese Croissant

Start your day off right with this breakfast sandwich. Egg, cheese, and crispy croissant is the perfect meal to grab and go. 

5. Pancakes

Not enough time to flip your own pancakes? Run down to your nearest Burger King and grab a stack of flapjacks. Three for 89 cents? Not too bad! Don't forget the butter and syrup. 

6. Hashbrowns

Hashbrowns are the perfect side for any breakfast. Baked every morning and served warm, these bites of goodness will satisfy your morning hunger and keep you full throughout the day. 

7. French Toast Sticks

Who knew Burger King had French toast? I didn't! But now that I know, I am dying to try them out. This meal is perfect for when you're craving something sweet to start your day but don't feel like cooking up breakfast at home.

8. Oatmeal

If you want a healthier breakfast option, or just aren't in the mood for a breakfast sandwich, Burger King's oatmeal is the way to go.

9. Veggie Burger 

You can enjoy a burger just like all your non-vegetarian friends at Burger King! The restaurant features a Morningstar veggie burger patty made from veggies such as onions, carrots, peppers, and olives. And rest assured, the patty is NOT cooked on equipment used for meat or poultry products.

10. Various Desserts

If you have a craving for something sweet, Burger King is the place to hit up. Their menu includes a wide variety of pies, including a Dutch apple pie, a Snickers pie, and a Hershey's sundae pie. They also have two types of cheesecake.

But the deliciousness doesn't stop there! Burger King's menu also includes fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, soft serve ice cream, sundaes, and shakes. If you're feeling adventurous, you may want to try their Cinnamon Toast Crunch shake or Fruit Loops shake. They're technically made of cereal, so it counts as breakfast, right?

Now you know which vegetarian Burger King menu items you can order, you don't have to worry about what to order the next time you visit. There are a ton of meat-free options on the menu that will satisfy your hunger!