From one vegetarian to another, I'm here to let you know you can still enjoy fast food. Just because burgers and chicken nuggets are the first thing that come to mind when we think about fast food, it doesn't mean the menu ends there. There have been plenty of times my friends have wanted to grab a quick bite at fast food joints like Burger King, and I've learned to get creative and make the most out of their menu. After some extensive (and tasty) research, here are a few of my favorite vegetarian Burger King menu items.

1. Salads

Burger King's side salad is totally vegetarian and features tomatoes, cheese, and croutons. They also have their Chicken Garden Salad, which you could easily take the meat off of. The veggies used in Burger King's salads are sliced fresh in-house every day!

2. French Fries

My favorite part of any fast food meal is thankfully vegetarian. Prepared in a fryer used for products containing wheat and milk, you don't have to worry about any secret animal byproducts in your fries. 

#SpoonTip: If you're tired of just dipping your fries in ketchup, ask for ranch dressing and try dipping your fries in it. 

3. Onion Rings

Once again, thank goodness some of the best-fried food doesn't contain meat! If fries aren't your style, try some onion rings. Burger King has a ton of different sauces you can pair your onion rings with for a bold combination of flavors.

4. Egg and Cheese Biscuit

Start your day off right with this breakfast sandwich. Egg, cheese, and a delicious buttermilk biscuit is the perfect meal to grab and go. 

5. Pancakes

Not enough time to flip your own pancakes? Run down to your nearest Burger King and grab a stack of flapjacks. Not too bad! Don't forget the butter and syrup. 

6. Hashbrowns

Hashbrowns are the perfect side for any breakfast. Baked every morning and served warm, these bites of goodness will satisfy your morning hunger and keep you full throughout the day. 

7. French Toast Sticks

Who knew Burger King had French toast? I didn't! But now that I know, I am dying to try them out. This meal is perfect for when you're craving something sweet to start your day but don't feel like cooking up breakfast at home.

8. Impossible Burger

You can enjoy a burger just like all your non-vegetarian friends at Burger King! The restaurant features the Impossible Whopper, with all the toppings you love sans the animal product. Some say it tastes almost exactly like the real thing. 

9. Cheesy Tots

These cheesy, delicious bites are back for a limited time at select locations. Favored by many, cheesy tots pop up on the menu sporadically and were last available in 2021. When they do arrive at your local Burger King store, make sure to grab them quickly! 

10. Various Desserts

If you have a craving for something sweet, Burger King is the place to hit up. Their menu includes a wide variety of pies, including an apple pie, a banana pie, and a Hershey's sundae pie. They also have two types of cheesecake.

But the deliciousness doesn't stop there! Burger King's menu also includes fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies, soft-serve ice cream, sundaes, and shakes. 

Now you know which vegetarian Burger King menu items you can order, you don't have to worry about what to order the next time you visit. There are a ton of meat-free options on the menu that will satisfy your hunger!