What is vegan makeup? Is makeup made of meat? Do you really question what goes on your skin? 

Vegan Makeup does not contain any animal ingredients or animal-extracted ingredients. This can vary from ingredients such as honey, collagen, or gelatin. If you are really looking at promoting cruelty-free products as well as being aware of products to use, I have gathered a list of high- end and low-end makeup companies that sell vegan products. 

1. Urban Decay 

Urban Decay has several vegan products, but one of their most popular would be the All Nighter Liquid Foundation. This gem gives you full coverage to last "all night"

2. Kat Von D

Kat Von D also has many products you can choose from. They showcase most of their products under the hashtag, #VeganAlert and it makes it easier to access. A personal favorite of mine is their "Lock It Foundation". It gives great coverage and goes on very smooth. One item that seems to be a hit in the makeup industry is their new, "Everlasting Liquid Lipstick". 

3. ColourPop Cosmetics

One of my personal favorites, as well as my pockets! ColourPop Cosmetics has had an increase in business over the past two years and the quality of their products seem to get better as well. They have a plethora of super shock eyeshadows and liquid lipsticks you could choose from.

4.  BHCosmetics

Notoriously known for their amazing brushes (which are also vegan, btw), BH Cosmetics takes the win for having both brushes and makeup that do NOT contain any harmful ingredients. Most people buy brushes from BH Cosmetics but there are also inexpensive sets that allows you to receive both brushes and palettes for low prices. 

There are many more companies that sell products that cater to the Vegan community. Your favorite makeup company could possibly sell vegan products and you would not even know! Do not be afraid to do more research on what you are using on your skin. Trust me, your skin will thank you later!