I have been dairy-free and vegan many times in my life. In the process, I've had to find my favorite vegan dupes to replace with my go-to foods that weren't animal friendly so I could have an attainable diet that would keep me sane. From cream cheese to meat to ice cream, these vegan food swaps will keep you both satisfied and animal friendly.

CHEESE

I, like most other foodies, love a good cheeseboard. Though I've never attempted a fully vegan charcuterie board, I have discovered vegan cheeses that I used on a day-to-day basis. The best brand of vegan cheese, in my opinion, is by far Violife. They have the best feta, sliced provolone, and shredded mozzarella. The possibilities are endless. I've used them on a veggie burger, in a tofu scramble, even on a pizza, which was surprisingly great.

ICE CREAM

Recreating ice cream to be dairy-free is not an easy job. I have had my fair share of disappointing 'ice cream'. But with the bad comes the good. My favorite dairy-free ice cream brand was by far So Delicious. Salted caramel cluster and Cookie Dough are my favorite flavors, not to say the rest aren't amazing. The Ben & Jerry's vegan flavors are also so great, but I prefer the So Delicious options because they are typically lower in calories.  

CREAM CHEESE

I hope I'm not in the minority when I say that I typically eat cream cheese multiple times a week. My favorite breakfast is an everything bagel toasted with cream cheese, tomato, and avocado with sprouts. It is literally the best sandwich ever and my go-to 'healthier' bagel breakfast (don't try to tell me it isn't healthy, it has avocado on it). Due to this, I knew I had to find a really good cream cheese alternative. And with many trials and tribulations, I am a firm believer in the Tofutti Whipped Cream cheese. Out of all of the brands I've tried, this was by far my favorite. I prefer it over normal cream cheese and is a staple on my grocery list.

MEAT ALTERNATIVES

This was one of the easiest swaps for me because I am not a big meat eater and I usually don't have it on a day-to-day basis. Regardless, it is still important to make sure I get different forms of protein. In the morning, instead of eggs, I love making a tofu scramble. Another one of my favorite meat alternatives is jackfruit. I use the barbecue-flavored jackfruit from The Jackfruit Company. It has tons of flavor and can work in a scramble, on a sandwich, or was even really good in a quesadilla. I also am a huge fan of chickpeas and incorporate them into my meals all the time. Lastly, buffalo tempeh is something I eat whether I'm vegan or not. The Lightlife buffalo tempeh is one of the best things I have ever eaten. This item is a STAPLE in my family's fridge and we eat it every day. I am quite literally obsessed with it in a salad, sandwich, wrap, or with avocado toast. I literally cannot recommend it enough.

Overall, I really enjoy so many vegan products, whether or not I am living an animal-free lifestyle. Hopefully, these food swaps can help any of you who are trying to maintain a vegan lifestyle's shopping list a bit easier. Happy eating!