Is 2018 the year of food recalls? It started with Goldfish having salmonella, then veggies at Trader Joe's having parasites, Taco Bell queso causing botulism and now even almond milk may have it out for us. That's right, the faux-dairy drink we in the lactose-intolerant community turn to for breakfast is now being recalled because it might have been exposed to dairy. While there are still plenty of options when it comes to almond milk, it's still terrifying to think that your favorite non-dairy product might have "got milk" without you knowing it. Read on to find out if you're safe, or a part of the almond milk recall.

Here's what you need to know

About 150,000 cartons of half-gallon, refrigerated Vanilla Almond Breeze almond milk are being recalled due to the potential of this product being exposed to dairy. Spokesperson, Lynne Bohan, when asked by the Huffington Post said "milk inadvertently was entered into the processing equipment for almond milk,” but insisted the product is still safe to drink unless you have a dairy allergy

The affected cartons have a use-by date of Sept. 2, 2018, and were shipped to retailers in 28 US states including Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin.

So far only one allergic reaction has been reported due to the mix-up but if either you or a family member have problems with dairy you might want to check the label before making yourself breakfast.