No matter how long you've been together, Valentine's Day often puts major stress on a relationship. So, this year, I have consulted the stars to determine the perfect Valentine's Day candy for your SO that will create the V-Day of their dreams. Astrology is a fun way to learn more about one another and can be fairly accurate most of the time.

I purchased The Secret Language of Astrology to learn the most important character traits of each sign and then applied the information to different candy qualities. I'll admit I am not an expert in astrology; however, I feel confident the results will prove truthful (and sweet). Here's the Valentine's Day candy you should buy your SO to guarantee they'll be yours forever:

Aquarius (January 21 - February 19): Sour Patch Kids 

Aquarians couldn't be sweeter, but, they could be wishing for something a little more sour this year. Your SO loves innovation and will appreciate an atypical candy to represent a new idea of V-Day.

Pisces (February 20 - March 20): Dove Chocolate

Pisceans are sensitive and compassionate in all aspects of life. It's no surprise Dove chocolate is the perfect candy that will include an inspirational message for your SO. A day without stress is near impossible for Pisceans, but, a little love from a wrapper can go a long way.

Aries (March 21 - April 20): York Peppermint Pattie

Arians are headstrong, intelligent, and heroic. They often embody the concept of renewal in addition to their ceaseless confidence. York Peppermint Pattie's cool, refreshing taste is a lot like your SO's contribution to the world. This Valentine's Day candy is sure to go over well with all Arians.

Taurus (April 21 - May 21): Peeps

Taureans are strong, nourishing, and creative. By taking pride in the ownership of beautiful things, they happily take on projects that will be fruitful for everyone. Peeps symbolize the pure intentions and aesthetically pleasing wishes a Taurus will have this Valentine's Day.

Gemini (May 22 - June 22): Sweetheart's Conversation Hearts

Geminis get a negative rep most of the time; however, they are usually intelligent, communicative, and curious. That being said, it's clear why Sweetheart's Conversation Hearts are perfect for your sweetheart. Communication is key with Geminis and they love any excuse to connect with you (through candy or otherwise).

Cancer (June 22 - July 22): Hershey's Pot of Gold

Cancerians cannot help but be reassuring and nurturing. They are always looking for opportunities to experience new things and Hershey's Pot of Gold will allow them to have several different candies in one sitting. The adventure that is assortment chocolate will definitely go over well with a Cancerian.

Leo (July 23 - August 22): Reese's

A Leo is bound to be generous and full of energy. So, Reese's candy can provide the protein they need to finish Valentine's Day strong. Peanut butter and chocolate will only add to your Leo's confidence (not that they need any more of it). 

Virgo (August 23 - September 22): Cordial Cherries

Virgos can be perfectionists that have a hard time tolerating any error in their daily life. That's a lot of pressure for a SO, but, Queen Anne's Cordial Cherries will be sure to impress any Virgo wanting to feel like royalty.

Libra (September 23 - October 23): Chocolate Roses

Librans tend to be strong relationship partners due to their honesty and thoughtfulness. Return their affection with a candy as passionate as they are. Elegant chocolate roses are the key to any Libra's heart this Valentine's Day.

Scorpio (October 24 - November 22): Hershey's Kisses

Scorpios' desires include a candy that represent the constant affection they crave. Hershey's kisses are a fearless choice for even the most intense Scorpios. The obvious pun will go over well with your SO for sure.

Sagittarius (November 23 - December 21): M&M's

Sagittarians have a unique desire for simplicity and justice. Therefore, M&M's will act as a convenient treat in between your SO's rallies for world peace and political campaigns. A Sagittarian will admire your understanding of their go-getter lifestyle and likely share with you due to their generous nature.

Capricorn (December 22 - January 20): Lindt Lindor Truffles

Capricorns are typically practical, responsible, and live a well-balanced life. These attributes add up to your SO needing a special treat that they wouldn't usually get themselves. Lindt Lindor Truffles are the perfect quality of candy to show your Capricorn how much you appreciate their unwavering loyalty.