Once you move away to college, you have to embrace the new lifestyle of “adulthood”. This lifestyle comes with a wide range of responsibilities you might have never had before, including buying your own food and cooking for yourself.

This may be hard to do when most of your time is usually dedicated to either long nights of studying, organization commitments, or just plain partying. With such a busy schedule, you end up ordering pizza more times than you would like to admit.

gif courtesy of huffingtonpost.com

These eating habits will only result in you gaining the famous freshman 15, feeling unhealthy, and suffering lethargic from all the fattening and low-nutrition food you are eating. There is, however, a healthy alternative students in Tallahassee should consider when it comes to maintaining a proper diet.

Vale Food Co

Photo by Ivonne Nicholas

Vale Food Co is the number one meal plan delivery service in Tallahassee. This company is only a year old and already makes over 2,000 meals a week. Vale Food Co delivers Monday-Friday, so you don’t have to worry about what you’re going to cook during your school week, yet still have the freedom to eat out during the weekend.

All the meals from Vale Food Co are healthy meals made by professional chefs who went to top culinary schools. They use fresh, all-natural ingredients in all of their meals. Although some of you may immediately be turned off by “healthy” meals, Vale Food Co makes sure to still make your favorite meals. Their menu items vary and even feature a crowd favorite, buffalo mac and cheese, with a healthy twist that’ll still make your mouth water.

Vale Food Co

Photo by Amanda Raquel Rodriguez

This company has three different meal plans including maintain, weight-loss, and vegetarian. Each meal plan is completely customizable when it comes to food allergies and specific dislikes. For example, if you really don’t like sweet potato, all you have to do is give them a call and they will note it on your profile. Talk about healthy living automated (which happens to be their slogan).

Vale Food Co

Photo by Ivonne Nicholas

Just the thought of having someone cook healthy food for you so you don’t have to go through Pinterest searching for a healthy and affordable recipe is enough for me to sign up. Besides, we all know we epically fail at re-creating a recipe, are forced to clean up the mess, and are left wondering why we ever tried in the first place.  Sunny Ilyas, founder of the company, is thrilled to see his business grow so fast from what started as a simple observation.

“What inspired me was my passion for nutrition and observing the true need in Tallahassee for healthy food that was convenient. It’s hard to eat healthy consistently unless you are okay with spending hours shopping, prepping, cooking, and cleaning. I decided to create a solution so that people could have an alternative option,” Ilyas says.

Vale Food Co

Photo by Ivonne Nicholas

Customers can get 1-4 meals a day delivered to their home, dorm, or work. Meal plans start off at $41 a week for one meal a day Monday-Friday. This means that each meal costs about $8 and the more meals you order, the cheaper your plan gets. Healthy food is expensive and if you go eat out anywhere healthy, you’ll probably waste approximately $15 a plate.

Vale Food Co

Photo by Amanda Raquel Rodriguez

“Our meal plans are affordable, convenient, taste great, and allow you to reclaim hours of your week spent on cooking or getting take-out,” Ilyas says. If you think about it, your childhood dream of having your own personal chef cook for you has become a reality by signing up to Vale Food Co.

All the meals are made the night before and are then refrigerated and delivered to you early in the morning. It’ll feel like Christmas every morning as your very own present is personally delivered to your doorstep. Thank you, chefs at Vale Food Co!

Vale Food Co

Photo by Ivonne Nicholas

Once you’re ready to eat your meals, you just heat up your meals in the biodegradable food containers they come in and enjoy your home-cooked meal after a few short minutes. Your parents would be proud of the healthy eating habits you have adopted away from home.

Vale Food Co

Photo by Amanda Raquel Rodriguez

Ilyas believes educating his customers on what food is healthy to eat is also a main priority of the company. All of Vale Food Co’s food principles are listed on their website. They use no high fructose corn syrup, no trans fats, no artificial sweeteners, no artificial preservatives, and no antibiotics or synthetic growth hormones in the meats they use.

Vale Food Co

Image by Ivonne Nicholas

Healthy living doesn’t have to cost you thousands of dollars, and you don’t have to eat flavorless food to maintain your weight or lose weight. People seem to have this misconception that just because food is healthy, it isn’t as delicious as a plate of cookies.

Even though this may be true for some people, that plate of chocolate chip cookies will not give you the powerful nutrients you need to power you through your day. When you eat good food, you are going to feel good. Vale Food Co prides itself on maintaining a healthy diet for its customers. So, relax, eat up, and stay healthy! Vale Food Co knows what’s up.

Don’t feel too convinced? Vale Food Co will send you a sample meal, free of charge, right to your door so you can see for yourself how fresh and delicious their meals are. If you love it, use code FSU10 for $10 off your first week!

If you have any questions, you can give Vale Food Co a call at (850) 443-2119 or email them at info@valefoodco.com.