Congrats! You've made it through the 2016 US election alive and managed to retain some of your sanity. You've also decided that you can handle another ounce of its drama by reading what the food industry has to say about it.

You've definitely heard a share of opinions on social media or literally everywhere else. However, your news feed might look a little different depending on who you follow. Your timeline might actually be biased.

In celebration of America's freedom of expression and diversity (and of course, its love for food), let's take a look at what your feed could look like now if you only followed major world food figures.

The Sugar

Despite his proclaimed love for American fast food, Donald Trump actually lost major food industry endorsements to The Clinton Foundation, including McDonald's, The Coca-Cola Foundation, and Monsanto. But the food industry as a whole has not taken one side. Some prominent figures are actually supportive and optimistic about his presidency.

The chief executive of CKE Restaurants, Inc. (parent company of Carl's Junior and Hardee's) sees positive economic opportunity, at least for the retail restaurant biz.

Even when some leaders in the food industry weren't in full support of the President-elect, they showed to much-appreciated poise in response to the outcome.

And although Ben & Jerry's has a lot of disagreements with Trump's campaign, the company acknowledges their differences in their open letter to the President-elect, even "saying Amen" to this part of Trump's victory speech:

“To all Republicans and Democrats and Independents across this nation, I say it is time for us to come together as one united people.”

The ice cream company further stated in their letter that they will continue to advocate their beliefs despite any opposition to Trump's campaign. However, they also commit to stand for common values such as giving a voice to the voiceless.

The Spice

In his victory speech late Tuesday night, Donald Trump stated that his movement was one "comprised of Americans from all races, religions, backgrounds, and beliefs..."

However, some famous foodies, like Bizarre Foods's Andrew Zimmerman and other chef Andrew (Carmellini, that is) have their doubts.

And don't forget that the food we eat depends greatly on climate, affecting both crop and livestock yields. Trump called critical climate change "a hoax" and could possibly withdraw the US from the Paris Agreement. And you can absolutely bet many dedicated researchers and environmental activists expressed their concerns.

Executive director of the Sierra Club, Michael Brune, clearly states the organization's position in The Washington Post:

“We’re feeling angry and sad and contemplative,” and then went on in his tweet:

Policy-making for climate change and others should be interesting, and might even be a major concern for democrats, as we look toward an all-Red government. The Executive Branch, Congress, and the Supreme Court can expect a Republican majority.

This made some famous foodies, like star baker of Ace of Cakes, Duff Goldman, a little salty.

Our friends overseas didn't really know what to make of the election drama. Jamie Oliver thought the most appropriate recipe of the day for November 9th was an Insanity Burger, hoping to sooth our anxiety with American comfort food (and rightfully so).

Everything's Nice (An Important Note)

I believe that in times like these when we are constantly crowded by opposing voices we need to remember two things. First, we must acknowledge something we've all heard before, yet may tend to neglect: everyone is entitled to their own opinion. No one's opinion, by definition, is wrong.

If you live in the US, where the freedom of individual speech, press, and protest are tenements and allow you to state your opinion publicly, prepare for disagreement. Prepare to see a variety of opinions in the media, on campus, and everywhere else.

Secondly and most importantly, know that no matter who you wanted to take office this year, you don't have to be pessimistic about the future. After all, no matter your religious beliefs, election season is over as we now enter into the season of giving and kindness.

If you fear the outcome of this election might inspire hate, remember that you can still inspire kindness and anything else you hold strongly by your own actions. Fight for your views; but just as you shouldn't allow other opinions to sway yours, you should not allow other attitudes (negative or otherwise) to affect your own.