We are currently living in a very challenging time for people all over the world. Due to COVID-19, many people are out of work, food and other items that are essential for survival. Unilever is doing their part to help during this time with their United For America initiative. 

Unilever's United For America Initiative

COVID-19 has left many people in America with shortages of food and unable to provide for their families. As a result, food banks have been under pressure as more people are in need of assistance.

The United For America initiative launched in March and has been helping to deliver food, medical supplies, hygiene products, and other critical supplies to organizations on the front lines of the pandemic.

May 21 marks the first annual Day of Service where Unilever will be donating the equivalent of one day’s worth of the products produced at their US factories to Feeding America and Direct Relief. In addition, Unilever's corporate employees will be spending time virtually volunteering with partner organizations. 

Unilever is asking consumers to join them in sending letters of gratitude to the 11,000+ essential food bank employees across the country who are working hard to provide food and supplies to millions of Americans each day. 

As part of the initiative, brands such as Ben and Jerry's has committed $1.8M to support small business franchises nationwide, impacted Vermont communities and ice cream donation to front line workers. 

To find out how other Unilever brands are giving back, check out WeAreUnitedForAmerica.com.