As a rising senior at Loyola and a founder of our Spoon chapter, I’d like to think I know something about where to get food in Baltimore. Most of my food experiences have been amazing in Baltimore, but I’ve decided to windle it down to the places you absolutely must go. So for the incoming first year student or the Loyola alum who has stuck around in Baltimore, here’s the Ultimate Student Guide to Eating and Drinking at Loyola University Maryland.

1. Where to find lunch for under $10: Sofi’s Crepes

Loyola University Maryland

Photo courtesy of BelvedereSquareMarket.com

Located in Belvedere Square, Sofi’s is the best place to get crepes in Baltimore. They’re also a steal with each being just under $10.

What to order: If you’re craving sweet, go for the #basicbetch classic: Strawberries and Nutella. But if you’re like me and savory crepes are more your jam, I’d go with the Florentine which is stuffed with spinach, gruyere cheese, mushrooms, and a creamy peppercorn sauce.

Location: There’s a few around Baltimore, but the closest location to campus is in Belvedere Square: 5911 York Road, Baltimore, MD 21212 (Across from the Senator Theater)

2. When you just really need a beer: Greene Turtle

Loyola University Maryland

Photo courtesy of @_maras_kitchen on Instagram

A local Maryland chain, Greene Turtle is the place to be whether you’re just trying to get a burger and wings or a few drinks on their rooftop bar at the Towson location. With a fairly big menu, good prices and classic American grub, you can’t go wrong here.

What to order: Get the chicken waaannngs.

Location: 408 York Rd, Towson, MD 21286 (closest location to campus and where you can find the rooftop bar)

3. When you and your friends can’t decide where to go: Belvedere Market

Loyola University Maryland

Belvedere Market will always hold a special place in my heart. As a rising senior, I think I might actually cry when I no longer live down the street from it. When you step inside, you’re immediately overwhelmed by all of the choices you have in front of you. Take your sweet time walking around and checking out the menus before you settle on something. I’ve been here a million times and yet I still find something new to try. This place is prime for taking your friends and family and it can even serve you well as a study spot.

What to order: I highly recommend the Atwater’s chicken salad sandwich, a burger from Ceriello’s Italian Deli, and the smoked salmon BLT from Neopol Smokery.

Location: Belvedere Square. 5911 York Road, Baltimore, MD 21212

4. When your parents are visiting and they’re paying: Food Market

Loyola University Maryland

Photo by Abby Mills

I’m obsessed with this place. I’ve been for brunch and dinner and have been equally impressed each time. You can sense the chef’s sense of humor on the menu (i.e. “boring ceasar salad”) but you can taste the genius in each bite.

What to order: Monte Cristo for brunch, Soft Shell Crab for dinner.

Location: 1017 W 36th St, Baltimore, MD 21211 (Hampden)

5. When you’re just tryna get a good insta: Fractured Prune

Loyola University Maryland

Photo by Jorydn Worby

When you just need to #treatyoself you gotta go to Fractured Prune. Definitely the most delicious donuts in Baltimore but also the most instagramable. Can we add that word to the dictionary?

What to order: Anything that catches your eye. They’re all good.

Location: 3 W Chesapeake Ave, Towson, MD 21204

6. When you’re craving a slice of ‘za: Verde

Loyola University Maryland

Photo courtesy of Verde Pizza

This place is all time. I took my parents here last year via the recommendation from my friend’s econ professor and we were not disappointed. If you’re looking for a slice of thin crust pizza, this is the place for you. Their menu is huge so everyone will be happy.

What to order: Burrata appetizer to start (maybe two), followed by the Prosciutto e Fico (homemade mozzarella, prosciutto di parma, fresh fig, pecorino romano, basil and EVOO).

Location: 641 S Montford Ave, Baltimore, MD 21224 (Canton)

7. When you’re regretting how much you drank the night before: Towson Hot Bagels

Loyola University Maryland

Photo by Abby Mills

THB is the place to be on a weekend morning if you’re a Loyola or Towson student. Feel free to walk in wearing your most tragic sweatpants and makeup from the night before. But be sure to remember you will run into every person you’ve ever met in college.

What to order: Anything including a bagel, duh. I usually go with bacon, egg and swiss with some avo on an everything bagel. Because why ever give up on the avocado trend?

Location: 16 Allegheny Ave, Towson, MD 21204

8. When you want to eat outside: Mt. Washington Tavern

Loyola University Maryland

Photo courtesy of Mount Washington Tavern

A favorite spot among all Loyola undergrads and alum, this place is bomb. First of all, it’s bascially like three restaurants in one. The first floor has two sections: one with a more pub vibe and the other, a mid-upscale American restaurant. Upstairs there’s a large room ideal for big reservations with nice white tablecloths, but also a bar with a few tables inside and outside. When it’s a beautiful day or evening, this is the spot you should find yourself at.

What to order: I’m a sucker for zoodles, so go for the salmon entrée.

Location: 5700 Newbury St, Baltimore, MD 21209 (Mt. Washington)

9. When you’re craving a burger: Clark Burger

Loyola University Maryland

Photo by Abby Mills

As if I don’t rave enough about this place already, you need to come here. With the feel of a small burger joint, this place really does it for me and it will for you too. Build your own burger, share some poutine with your friends, and order a boozy shake if you’re feeling wild.

What to order: Do your burger however you want, but you cannot leave this place without trying their classic poutine.

Location: 5906 York Rd, Baltimore, MD 21212 (Next to the Senator theater)

10. When you need the best variety of seafood in Baltimore: Cross Street Market

Loyola University Maryland

Photo by Abby Mills

Baltimore locals and Loyola students alike gather here on the weekends for the large portions of seafood and beer. The entire place spans the width of a block with so many options for food and booze that you could literally live in here for a month.

What to order: Anything from Nick’s Seafood with a 32 oz beer.

Location: 1065 S Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21230 (Federal Hill)

11. When you need a bowl of pasta to the face: Grano Pasta Bar

Loyola University Maryland

Photo by Nina Krill

As featured on Diners, Drive Ins & Dives, Grano Pasta Bar is a quaint restaurant in Hampden with only 5 tables and a couple outside when it’s nice out. It’s every carb-lovers dream come true: pick a pasta, pick a sauce, and they toss it up fresh for you right there. There’s something about watching the chef make your food that makes a dining experience that much more special.

What to order: If you’re hungry, try the gnocchi with Gorgonzola sauce. Their pomodoro sauce is a great classic as well. It’s also BYOB restaurant so don’t forget that bottle of wine.

Location: 1031 West 36th Street, Baltimore, MD 21211 (Hampden)

12. When you need bottomless brunch: Barcocina

Loyola University Maryland

Photo by Abby Mills

With a great location in Fells Point on the water, you can count on having a good morning here. Who doesn’t love Mexican food? And who doesn’t love brunch? This place is perfect for celebrating your roomie’s birthday or just simply getting hammered with your friends on a Saturday morning.

What to order: Bottomless mimosas and the breakfast tacos or steak and eggs.

Location: 1629 Thames St, Baltimore, MD 21231 (Fells Point)

13. When you’re craving TexMex: Golden West Cafe

Loyola University Maryland

Golden West is a very down to earth and eclectic place. With the menus printed on old records and a lot of vegan-friendly options, feel free to have your most hipster friend tag along. With cheap drinks and good food, it’s impossible not to fall in love with this place.

What to order: Warm Vietnamese salad (pictured above) or the fajitas.

Location: 1105 W 36th St, Baltimore, MD 21211 (Hampden)