There’s less than a month left in the semester, and finals are around the corner. Chances are that if you’ve started avoiding the Ratty and V-dub to hit up Thayer Street (like I have), you have a building mountain of meal credits and points.

Luckily, I’ve devised a few easy solutions to salvage your mountain and satisfy your cravings.

Party with points

semester

Photo courtesy of tumblr.com

Use your points to load up on solo cups from Jo’s or the Underground market for any upcoming dartying you plan to do before you’re forced to hit the books. They might be slightly more expensive than the cups you can get at CVS, but swiping with points feels a whole lot better than swiping with your debit card.

You can also stock your mini-fridge with chasers to accompany your solo cup stash from the Blue Room, Jo’s, or Ivy Room using either points or meal credits, depending on what’s permitted and how far you’re willing to walk.

Listen to your healthy hankering

semester

Photo by Shivam Agarwal

If for some reason sweets aren’t enough, another option is hitting up Poppy’s in the Nelson Fitness CenterYou can grab a smoothie to go, make a bag of trail mix, or choose from a variety of other healthy luxuries. Poppy’s can get pricey, so be ready to go the distance.

Fuel up for studying

semester

Photo by Shivam Agarwal

If your studying habits are similar to mine, check out Jo’s or the Underground Market for a full selection of sweets to reward yourself after each page you read, and every answer you get right on a practice exam. Yes, this is bribery.

Extra long days in the library call for Andrew’s cookies and brownies, and Blue Room muffins and bakery items. Stash a few in your backpack to pull out in the Rock or SciLi for hours on end.

Have Thanksgiving in May

semester

Photo by Bonnie Wu

Feeling down about leaving your new college besties for the next three months? Put your meal credits to good use and stock up on all Brown eatery delicacies, recreating Thanksgiving in May.

Find a variety of easy, quick recipes on Spoon, then hunt for as many ingredients as you can from the Underground Market, Little Jo’s, Ratty and elsewhere. There’s no better way to reminisce about your year’s highs and lows than with some cheap booze and good food.

And if you’re feeling generous…

semester

Photo by Shivam Agarwal

Possibly the best option to salvaging your leftover meal credits and points is by being a good samaritan. Take the time to buy non-perishable items with your extra meal credits like Odwalla bars or other granola bars to donate to the RI Food Pantry.

Rumor has it three odwalla bars fit perfectly into one meal credit. As long as the expiration date isn’t before July, it’s a worthwhile purchase.