Birthdays are a great way to see how much the people around you love you.

You get showered with gifts to reward you for your mom doing all the work to bring you into the world. Someone hands you a cake, you make a wish, and you get to eat as much as you want, guilt-free. Your Facebook wall has never been so loaded (especially with those meaningful “HBD”s from people you haven’t spoken to in years).

It feels pretty great, right?

giphy.com

But on the off chance all your friends forget about you and you need to rely on gifts from strangers, here are a few food freebies you can snag on your birthday in Montreal:

• Use these coupons to get a free meal (!!!) at Cibo & VinoAce Grill & BarAmbala, and Au Tarot.
  • Get a free cookie if you’re registered with Quiznos.
  • Get a free bottle of wine (if you’re 18+, of course) at the restaurant Clébard with this coupon.
  • Get a BOGO (buy one, get one free) coupon for a blizzard at Dairy Queen when you sign up for their Blizzard Fan Club.
  • Get a free scoop of ice cream at Baskin & Robbins when you sign up for their Birthday Club. (On March 11th you will find me with a free peanut butter chocolate cone in hand.)
  • Grab a free birthday drink if you’ve got a Starbucks card.
  • Score a free dessert and sombrero at 3 Amigos Restaurant. Olé, amiright?

Remember to bring ID with proof of your birthdate to demand your free gifts legitimately.

Check out these alternative ways to celebrate your birthday: