When it comes to relaxing, few things go better together than snacking and watching TV (or, in my case, snacking with Netflix on… while studying).  To get the best viewing experience, try these food pairings tailor-made for your favorite shows.

The Simpsons: Donuts

food pairings

Photo by Anthony Nomakeo

If you’ve watched enough Simpsons, then you know that Homer loves donuts; so what better thing to snack on while watching an episode of the longest running animated series on television? Of course, let’s pretend they aren’t caloric chunks of refined sugar and flour.

food pairings

Parks & Recreation: Waffles, Calzones, Meat

food pairings

Photo by Anthony Nomakeo

Sadly, this classic ended its run in February.  But, you can still watch the first 6 seasons on Netflix.  What greater way to drown your sorrows than eating your character’s favorite food?

If you’re talking Leslie Knope, then you of course need waffles (with extra whipped cream). For Ben Wyatt, grab a calzone. And for Ron Swanson, anything that comes from an animal will do (or, if you wish, bacon wrapped shrimp). Or you could just go with breakfast food, because why would anybody eat anything else?

food pairings

Gilmore Girls: Coffee Ice Cream, Pizza, Take-out

food pairings

Photo by Anthony Nomakeo

You can’t watch Gilmore Girls and not want to eat something; food is a focal point of this series, If it’s hot outside, try some Ben & Jerry’s Coffee Ice Cream—Lorelei and Rory are obsessed with coffee, and Ben & Jerry’s has a cameo in every heartbreak episode.

If you don’t like ice cream (…..monster) try take-out pizza, burgers, Chinese food, anything will do (as long as it’s better quality than something you would find at Al’s Pancake World).

food pairings

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Doctor Who: Fish Fingers and Custard

food pairings

Photo by Anthony Nomakeo

Odd as it may seem, fish fingers and custard is what finally satisfied the 11th Doctor’s food craving after his regeneration was complete. If the fish fingers/custard combo is too weird for you, try fish fingers and tartar sauce for dinner with french toast sticks with custard for dessert.

food pairings

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Friends: Classic Coffeehouse Fare

food pairings

Photo by Anthony Nomakeo

If you’re on or near the Brandeis Campus grab some café food or a cup of coffee from Chum’s (aka Cholomdeley’s Coffee House). It is, after all, the inspiration for Central Perk.

food pairings

Rugrats: Cookies and Ice Cream

food pairings

Photo by Anthony Nomakeo

If you remember Rugrats, you remember Angelica’s obsession with all things sweet (especially cookies). So what better way to enjoy an episode than with cookies and ice cream? (Or maybe a reptar bar).

food pairings

Kim Possible: Nacos

At one point, every young TV-viewer wanted to be Kim Possible. Or Ron. Or Wade. Everyone at least wanted to own a Rufus. Though none of that’s possible, a great way to enter Kim’s world is to eat a Naco (a “nacho-taco”). You’ll have to make this one yourself.

food pairings

For more snacking tips check out: