It's mid-January, and two months have passed since Donald Trump snagged the Presidency against most people's predictions. Today, he was officially inaugurated, and at this point, what started out as a political joke has become a reality. Trump is now the 45th president of the United States. 

Although America did choose Trump, it's safe to say that many people are still angry. 

Respond With Art Filled With Candy

When people are upset about politics, they either express their anger via Facebook or protest. However, if you're an artist, you make political art. Rachel Harrison is one artist taking a stand through her creation of Trump piñatas, which were displayed this past June at Greene Naftali Gallery in New York.

Back in June when Donald Trump's candidacy could still be considered a joke, this art exhibit was actually funny. But, now that he's about to be inaugurated, the meaning of the works are completely different.

Human Piñatas: "Harmless" Representations?

Piñatas are used for some old-fashioned party fun, but they are also objects that are meant to be destructed. You attack a piñata, so they really are representative of something sort of violent. 

Reducing a presidential candidate to shreds of paper and glue can be satisfying, particularly when the person has built a political following based on hatred, but putting a human representation in this context of destruction and violence could be concerning.  

But, if you need a release, get a piñata

My parents never let me get piñatas shaped like human figures when I was little because of the violent ideas associated with it. Although it is just some cardboard and paper, it represents a real human, and that is what changes its meaning.

However, for those of us who feel angered and/or anxious about Trump taking oath, the piñatas offer a cathartic way to release these pent up anxieties. It is definitely going to be interesting to see what Trump's America looks like. In the meantime, enjoy the video above of former Mexican president, Vincente Fox, hitting a Trump piñata.

Just remember, whether you voted for him or not, he is your president now. However, if you didn't vote for him, and you need a piñata to relieve your stress, you can purchase yours here.