Spoon University Logo
Lifestyle

The Trader Joe’s Halloween Items You Need In Your Home & Pantry

Nothing says college student paradise like Trader Joe’s. Low prices, unique items, and an easy shopping experience are all things I look forward to when I walk in. To top it all off, visits to Trader Joe’s in the coming weeks will offer a plethora of Halloween-themed items. While we know and love Trader Joe’s for always coming through with pumpkin-flavored everything this time of year, these items take spooky season to a new level by catering specifically to Halloween. We put together a roundup of the must-have Trader Joe’s Halloween items to keep an eye out for the next time you stop by this store.

Halloween Joe-Joe’s Cookies, $3.99

The classic Joe-Joe’s Cookies meet a haunted twist with this Halloween-themed edition. The cookies feature two chocolate pumpkin cookies (the cookies have jack-o-lantern faces) with Trader Joe’s signature vanilla bean creme filling. 

Halloween Sprinkles, $1.99

Cookies, cupcakes, brownies, you name it! This assortment of Halloween-themed shapes mixed with classic sprinkles creates the perfect topping to any Halloween treat. It’s brand new this year, so make sure to grab it before it’s gone.

Halloween Gummies, $4.49

These gummies come in five spooky shapes in mini packs and are the perfect candy for trick-or-treaters. The gummies are colored only with naturally available products, distinguishing them from other, highly processed treats. Give them out on Halloween or keep some for yourself — we won’t judge you either way.

Haunted House Chocolate Cookie Kit, $9.99

Forget gingerbread houses. Get your cookie house-building skills in tip-top shape for the holiday season with this haunted house cookie kit. The house comes ready to assemble, but leaves the creative genius of the decorations (bats, cats, skeletons, oh my!) up to you. 

Wicked Good Mini Chocolate Bars, $4.99

These individually wrapped mini chocolate bars are the perfect candy for trick-or-treaters. They come with four different fillings: nougat, caramel and nougat, caramel and peanut, and caramel and wafer. If these chocolate bars’ name is correct, the treat must be wicked good. 

Spooky Bats & Cats Sour Gummy Candies, $3.49 

In the style of Trader Joe’s classic Scandinavian Swimmers, these spooky sour candies are perfect for a quick snack. Similar to the Halloween gummies, these sweets are made with all natural flavors and plant-sourced colors. 

Day of the Dead Cat and Dog Succulent, $7.99 

Not feeling sweet treats? Trader Joe’s still has you covered with Halloween-themed decor. These Day of the Dead-themed cat and dog succulents are the perfect addition to your windowsill in honor of spooky season, or to add to your Day of the Dead celebration. 

Amanda Sinofsky is a contributing writer for the Spoon University National Writers Program. She is a second-year undergraduate student at the University of Maryland's Philip Merrill College of Journalism pursuing a double major in Journalism and English with a Media Studies focus. She is from a New Jersey suburb 25 minutes outside of Philadelphia. At UMD, she is a copy editor for The Diamondback, the university's student-run newspaper, and is the music & arts editor for The Campus Trainer, an online lifestyle magazine at the university. In her free time, Amanda is a part of a student-run dance company and enjoys reading, listening to music (anything Taylor Swift), and spending time with her friends.