Updated 11/14/18: Trader Joe's Almond Nog has returned! Find it on store shelves today, and read on to learn more about the holiday vegan option.*

Trader Joe's is the mecca of affordable, fun holiday foods. And now with pumpkin spice season winding down, Trader Joe's is rolling out new holiday favorites. Fresh on the list this year: Almond Nog (aka vegan eggnog), a rich and creamy non-diary almond beverage.

That's right. A vegan, egg-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and corn syrup free version of the classic holiday eggnog is now available at Trader Joe's for only $2.99 for a 32 oz carton.

With a creamy almond milk base, a hint of sweetness, and the perfect amount of ginger and nutmeg to spice it up, this Almond Nog is the perfect holiday beverage. 

A half cup serving has 50 calories, 8 grams of sugar, and provides 15 percent of the daily recommended intake of calcium. This is relatively low in calories and sugar compared to most major brands (Organic Valley Eggnog, for comparison, contains 180 calories and 17 grams sugar per 1/2 cup serving).

If you're looking for a dairy-free nog or something fun to splash in your coffee, pick up a carton of Trader Joe's Almond Nog today.