Despite what many may think, being a gluten-free vegan isn’t all that difficult—when you have a lot of money to blow. Whole Foods and other high-end grocery stores are full of snacks that follow all kinds of dietary limitations, yet sometimes, you just can’t afford to pay $10 for dried bananas.

Luckily, Trader Joe’s exists. I could go on and on about the supermarket hero that is Trader Joe’s, but it’s much easier to show you just why this grocery store should be a shopping staple for all broke college regardless of what they can and cannot eat.

Trader Joe’s is known for their affordable and natural foods, but even with their comprehensive selections available, gluten-free and vegan snacks can be hard to come by.

I took the liberty of scouring these aisles to find the best of the best. And thus, I present to you Trader Joes’ 10 best vegan and gluten-free snacks for when you just so happen to be broke.  

1) Hi-Protein Veggie Burger

Daniella Kelley

Made of pea protein, these veggie patties are full of flavor and perfect on gluten free bread or even alone.

2) Roasted Plantain Chips

Daniella Kelley

These chips pair greatly with hummus or even some Trader Joe's guacamole.

3) Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream

Daniella Kelley

This dairy-free ice cream comes in both chocolate and vanilla flavors and tastes much more like "real" ice cream than the banana alternative. 

4) Flavored Nuts

Daniella Kelley

Trader Joe's has a wide variety of nuts, including some more exotic (and addicting!) flavors like Thai Lime and Chili Almonds and Coconut-flavored Cashews, making for the perfect on-the-go snack.

5) Cinnamon Apple Snack Stick

Daniella Kelley

These vegan and gluten-free cinnamon sticks taste so much like apple pie that you'll forget you're essentially eating a flavored veggie straw...

6) Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Brownie Mix

Daniella Kelley

Baker Josef's Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Brownie Mix makes brownies that taste so glutenous you'll think twice. Just add a flax egg to make it vegan!

7) Herb and Spice Popcorn

Daniella Kelley

Trader Joe's take on a classic movie night snack incorporates herbs and spices for a tasty twist! 10/10 deliciousness.

8) Tater Tots

Daniella Kelley

If you're like me and your dietary restrictions are not a choice, you might sometimes crave "normal" snacks. Tater tots (and quite frankly, all potato-based foods) are some of those normal foods!

9) Fruit and Nuts Packs

Daniella Kelley

These little fruit and nut packages are the perfect on-the-go snack. Take them to class, to the gym, or really, wherever! 

10)  "Apple + Fruit" Bars

Daniella Kelley

These bars are not only vegan and gluten-free but nut free as well. With only two ingredients, you can't go wrong.

So with this list, go forth and conquer the harsh world of gluten-free veganism and rejoice in knowing that you too, will be well fed! Just because your diet may prevent you from gorging on classic snacks like Hot Cheetos and Twinkies, it doesn't mean you have to sacrifice flavor or deliciousness. Trader Joe's is just one of many places for you to find plenty of budget-friendly and diet-friendly snacks that will leave your tastebuds satiated and content.