Graduation season is upon us, and this can be a stressful time for seniors who are now having to worry about where to take their visiting families. Being the foodie that I am, I have compiled a list of some of my favorite ATL restaurants that I'm confident your friends and family will enjoy as well. Whether it's just your parents, your extended family, or maybe even just your friends joining you, here are the top spots to visit during Emory graduation weekend.  

Brunch & Breakfast 

Starting off with many people's favorite meal: brunch. I have tried some pretty good brunch and breakfast in ATL that I promise will not disappoint. My personal favorite is Bread and Butterfly. Located in Inman Park, this French-inspired spot offers everything from delicious pastries like croissants to their iconic B&B huge pancake.

They also have a decadent selection of eggs cooked in various ways, sandwiches that mimic the famous croque monsieur, and delicious beverages. Unfortunately, B&B doesn't take any reservations, so I'd definitely recommend getting there early if you don't feel like waiting in line. This is definitely a top spot to visit during graduation weekend, even if just for a quick bite and coffee. 

Other top spots include Hampton and Hudson, Pancake Social, and Cafe Intermezzo. Talking from experience, H+H is really good at accommodating large parties. Both Pancake Social and Cafe Intermezzo offer a delectable breakfast spread, guaranteed to leave you and your family satisfied.

If you're looking to just get some coffee and perhaps a snack, some of my favorite coffee shops are The Daily, PERC Coffee, Dancing Goats, and Daily Chew. All offer freshly baked goods every day, making the time you set aside to go worth it.

Sofia Heras

Lunch and Dinner 

There may seem to be an overwhelming amount of places to choose from in a city like ATL, but I'm hoping that these recommendations will help you out. 

Beginning with one of my favorites, I must admit that I've not been disappointed with the selection of Italian food that ATL has to offer. For a nicer, high-end restaurant, I'd recommend you check out St. Cecilia's in Buckhead. Menus are printed daily to ensure that the food is as fresh as it can be, as well as to highlight the use of seasonal ingredients.

If you're looking for a more low-key spot, Forza Storico and Grana also offer wonderful Italian cooking that'll only leave you wanting to come back for more. Forza Storico makes their pasta in-house daily, and Grana even offers pasta-making classes, something that could be a fun and different experience for you and your family. All of these options are surely some of ATL's top spots to visit during graduation weekend. 

DelBar, MF Sushi, and Barcelona Wine Bar are some other top spots I'd recommend checking out during graduation weekend if you're not looking for Italian. A Mediterranean-based restaurant, DelBar's space is perfect for a cozy yet trendy meal, which can be comprised of just sharing some spreads or a more conventional appetizer and entrée table.

On the other hand, MF Sushi really delivers on the Japanese food front, providing some of the freshest sushi I've ever had and mouth-watering fish.

If none of these options satisfy your cravings, Barcelona Wine Bar is a classic crowd favorite that never fails. Their tribute to traditional Spanish tapas is to die for, with some of their top dishes including the patatas bravas and whipped feta cheese with honey.

Sofia Heras

ATL Musts 

To finish off, I'll just list some ATL musts that are definitely top spots to visit during graduation weekend. I can say with confidence that pretty much everybody will encourage you to take your family to Ponce City Market. Not only does it have a great food hall and some amazing shops, but it has one of the best views of the city if you go up to the rooftop. They also have drinks, carnival games, and a delicious restaurant called Nine Mile Station that's also great at accommodating large groups. Moreover, they house one of ATL's Five Daughters Bakery locations, which are some of the best donuts you'll ever try. 

My last recommendation for you and your family will be to visit the famous Jeni's Ice Cream. Some of my favorite flavors are Brown Butter Almond Brittle and Gooey Butter Cake, but I can promise there's a flavor to suit everyone's sweet tooth. They have seasonal flavors as well, ensuring that they'll always have something different and fresh to offer. 

Sofia Heras

I hope these recommendations help relieve some of the stress and pressure of figuring out what to do with your visiting family during graduation weekend. Congratulations to all graduates; go celebrate with some delicious food!