It is undeniable that frozen meals have a bad reputation. They are usually freezer-burned with unhealthy ingredients and chewy textures. But, unsurprisingly, Trader Joe’s has done the impossible: create delicious meals that can be heated up in a microwave. I navigated their extensive frozen food aisle and found five of the best Trader Joe's frozen meals that can be enjoyed from the comfort of your own dorm.  

1. Organic Acai Bowl

While this might not be the fresh acai bowl you can get from your local juice stand, this bowl does the trick. It is refreshingly delicious and will help you get a great start to your day by keeping you satisfied. Simply put the bowl in the microwave to defrost, and enjoy. Pro tip: add sliced banana and granola on top for extra flavor. 

2. Egg Frittatas 

For another easy and delicious dorm room breakfast, I love the egg frittatas. These are a copycat version of the Starbucks egg white bites but bigger and better. Packed with swiss cheese and cauliflower, these frittatas pack a punch with plenty of protein. They are fluffy, flavorful and extremely portable to take with you on the go or to enjoy in the dorm.

3. Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burgers 

While these may not be a part of the Trader Joe’s brand, they are sold at every store location. These burgers are perfect for vegetarians, or someone like me who does not particularly like beef hamburgers. The ingredients are extremely healthy to the point where you can actually spot the different vegetables in the patty. These are a hidden gem in the frozen aisle, and one that you will not want to skip. 

4. Chicken Fried Rice 

This meal is so easy and so delicious. When I am in the mood for Chinese food but do not want to order delivery, this meal always satisfies my craving. Cooking the chicken fried rice could not be easier, so when studying for a big exam or doing loads of homework, this is the perfect meal to whip up. Packed with grilled chicken, peas, carrots and corn, this fried rice is extremely flavorful and filling. 

5. Chicken Gyoza Potstickers

This quick and easy meal is mouth-watering. Filled with chicken, cabbage and a variety of other vegetables, these are the perfect meal to enjoy when craving something warm and comforting. Dip it in your sauce of choice, or no sauce at all, and enjoy. Although this meal takes less than three minutes to make, it will never fail to leave you feeling pleased.

Trader Joe’s understood their assignment when tasked with making delicious and convenient frozen meals. For a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner, Trader Joe’s frozen meals have got you covered. You may not ever need to step into the dining hall again!