Too Good To Go leading the global fight against food waste that recently launched in New York City. This app connects consumers with the surplus from cafes, restaurants, and grocery stores allowing people to get their favorite meals at a fraction of the price. This way, delicious food doesn't go to waste and you can save a little cash at the same time.  

The tech company trying to change the food waste problem here in the United States. In the US, 40% of edible food is wasted. That’s the equivalent to enough food the size of a mid-size SUV every second. This waste contributes to 8% of all global greenhouse gas emissions and $1.2 trillion worth of food.

Too Good To Go started back in 2016, and has saved over 43 million meals since launch. The app serves 24 million users in 15 different countries and saves over 100 thousand meals daily. New York City and Boston are the two most recent expansions for Too Good To Go, but there are many plans for expansion come 2021. 

My favorite part about using the TGTG app was being able to shop at restaurants and even grocery stores in and around New York City. I was able to try new places, as well as support some of the establishments I already dine at. Depending on the time of day, you can order for pick up now, for later in the day, or even the next morning. Some spots will sell out, so make sure you check back daily for new openings.